An Audit Manager job description will seek an audit professional that can manage others in addition to being an exceptional auditor themselves.
Audit Managers have often gained ACA (or other qualification) status and are adept at client management.
Audit Manager Job Description: Skills And Attributes
Audit Managers will already be qualified to ACA/ICAS/CA/ACCA/CIPFA) level.
In addition to these qualifications, the Audit Manager will have demonstrable experience of leading audits for clients of various types and sizes.
As the Audit Manager role centres around compliance and governance, knowledge of legislation, and the need to keep abreast of any changes, must also be reflected in the job description.
As a manager, the role will require management experience, including leading and encouraging team members while managing their workloads, and ensuring the department meets clients’ deadlines.
The role requires an individual who understands the value that audits can provide for a client, from using their close attention to detail to spot inconsistencies to identifying opportunities. It’s for this reason that the right person needs to be technically proficient.
Staying calm under pressure and being a natural problem solver, they must also have the skills to resolve issues promptly.
In addition to all of the above, they will need excellent communication skills, as this role is client-facing.
As a manager, this person will develop a more holistic view of the firm, forming part of a senior team that helps the practice reach customer satisfaction and growth objectives.
Audit Manager Job Description: Responsibilities
- Working alongside senior and partner-level team members on client projects.
- Leading audits with team members.
- Working to schedules and deadlines, ensuring that audits are completed on time.
- Advising clients on matters concerned with the audit process.
- Managing audit requirements for a portfolio of clients.
- Building relationships with existing and new clients to support the firm’s growth and success.
- Developing a helicopter view of the business to contribute to the strategy, efficiency, and direction of the business/department.
- Encouraging a supportive team environment and developing others.
Are you recruiting for an Audit Manager position?
If you are looking to recruit an Audit Manager, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd can help.
Exclusively developed for the accountancy industry, our professional team will seek the highest calibre of candidate for your role, so you’ll be confident they will actively contribute to the success of your accountancy firm.
Are you looking for an Audit Manager job?
If you’re looking for accountancy jobs as an Audit Manager, we encourage you to get in touch.
We have a tremendous track record of introducing you (anonymously) to our long-term clients by highlighting your skills and attributes in line with each firm’s needs.
Your job search for an accountancy role will be handled in the strictest confidence and sensitivity.