Tax Accountancy Jobs in the UK
Matching skills to tax accountant jobs
Are you looking for a Tax Accountant Job or Career in the UK?
Each year we match hundreds of candidates with the perfect job in tax accountancy.
We’re expert recruiters in both permanent tax accounts jobs and interim tax accounts jobs throughout the UK.
Looking for your next career move in Tax?
Looking to fill a Tax role?
Are you just starting out in your Tax career, or are you a Tax Partner with 20 years’ experience under your belt? Either way, we’ll help you to find the right Tax job to fulfil your needs. Our aim is to match you with a Tax Accountant which suits your long-term objectives, not just to place you in the first role available.
We work with most Top 20 accountancy firms along with the key regional players UK-wide. Our dedicated consultants are among the most knowledgeable in the industry. More than that, we’re committed to providing the best advice to support you in reaching your career goals.
Many of our clients are happy to create the ideal role for a talented Tax Senior, Tax Manager or Tax Partner, regardless of whether they have an advertised vacancy. Take a look at our Tax Jobs advertised here. If you don’t immediately see the perfect match but are hungry for that next career move, why not challenge us to tailor the perfect role for you?
Why choose Public Practice Recruitment Ltd for Tax Accountant Jobs and Careers?
- We’re specialists recruiters, working exclusively for accountancy firms. We also help hundreds of tax accountants every year to find new tax accountant job opportunities.
- Thousands of Accountancy firms from across the UK engage Public Practice Recruitment Ltd. They value our unrivalled ability to source the very best candidates for tax accountancy practices across the UK.
- Our experience – over 15 years of specialist recruiting for literally hundreds of UK accountancy firms.
- Our unmatched track record of successful appointments demonstrates our dedication to giving candidates the best, most thorough support in attaining their career goals.
- Our team works rigorously. We leave no stone unturned to match the right tax accountancy skills with the right tax accountant job with the right practice.
- Are you a tax accountant? Then we’ll use all our skill and know-how to help you achieve your long-term career goals.
Latest Tax Accounts Jobs
Tax PartnerAre you an experienced Tax Partner able to provide strategic oversight of a thriving tax team whilst driving new business? This Tax Partner job in Manchester is a rare opportunity for an experienced professional to join a highly regarded, multi-office firm that is enjoying stable growth.Manchester, UK
Tax PartnerAre you an experienced Tax Partner able to provide strategic oversight of a thriving tax team whilst driving new business? This Tax Partner job in Widnes is a rare opportunity for an experienced professional to join a highly regarded, multi-office firm that is enjoying stable growth.Widnes
Senior Tax ManagerIf you are a dedicated and highly experienced tax professional looking to take the next step in your career, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity without delay - our team of approachable recruitment consultants are on hand today to discuss your suitability so don't hesitate to contact us to find out more.Walsall, UK
Tax ManagerThe successful candidate will oversee the workflow for a portfolio of clients, ensuring timely and accurate completion of tax returns and computations. They'll also be responsible for client relationships, building strong and loyal connections with clients, supporting the senior leadership team with the provision of expert advice on tax matters and addressing queries.Walsall, UK
Tax ManagerAre you a hands-on Tax Manager keen to parachute into a reputable firm, gaining exposure to a varied client portfolio? If so, you could secure a varied role with one of the leading firms in Derbyshire, an impressive pay and perks package, and a defined route to progression.Ashbourne
Tax Semi SeniorAre you an ambitious and skilled tax professional seeking a new challenge in your career? We’re delighted to be supporting a dynamic and reputable accounting firm in Walsall that is currently seeking a Tax Semi-Senior to join their growing team.Walsall, UK
Tax PartnerAn esteemed and rapidly growing professional services firm, multi -office but this role based in Chester, is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to join their leadership team as their next Tax Partner. This is an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned mix tax professional with a proven track record to make a significant impact within a forward-thinking organisation. Could it be you?Chester, UK
Tax PartnerAre you an experienced Tax Partner able to provide strategic oversight of a thriving tax team whilst driving new business? This Tax Partner job in Liverpool is a rare opportunity for an experienced professional to join a highly regarded, multi-office firm that is enjoying stable growth.Liverpool
Part Time Tax SeniorWould you be interested in joining a growing firm of accountants as a Part Time Tax Senior in Wakefield? Our valued client is committed to delivering excellence to their loyal portfolio and building on their excellent reputation that has caused a spike in word of mouth referrals and as such, they require a dynamic and motivated new member of the team.Wakefield, UK
Tax SeniorAre you a skilled Tax Senior looking for a varied role with a reputable firm in Maidenhead? We're looking for someone who is driven to build a progressive career in practice, who can help the firm champion service excellence, and who can deliver a proactive approach to portfolio management.Maidenhead
We will find the right Audit Job to suit you; from Pure Audit Jobs, to Mixed Audit & Accounts Jobs, Interim Audit Assignments and even Part Time Audit Jobs.
Whether you are a fully qualified accountant or at the very start of your studies, we can advise you on the most suitable career options for you.
Our aim is always to match you with a Tax Job which suits your long-term objectives, not just to place you in the first role available.
Many Accountancy firms have diversified their revenue streams over recent years, creating a wider range of services and in turn a wealth of specialist roles.
A career in Tax Accountancy
To succeed in Tax Accounts, you need a healthy mix of interpersonal skills and an acute eye for detail. You also need to be reasonably computer literate.
Tax Seniors are employed within accountancy firms otherwise known as public practices or accountancy practices.
A Tax Senior will work on client tax activities, such as tax planning, tax compliance and preparation of corporate and personal tax returns.
The role of Tax Senior comprises both advisory and compliance aspects. A Tax Senior understands tax legislation, legal compliance and its impact on a business. They must be commercially aware and be capable of identifying opportunities to minimise corporate taxation as well as their clients’ personal tax bills.
Responsibilities include liaising with HMRC and completing all required government tax documents.
These can include
- Identifying business risk
- Reporting and presenting findings to the business, making recommendations for solutions and improvements to policies / procedures
- Understanding the commercial objectives of the business
- Liaising with client FDs or other company directors
- Liaising with external advisors
Ensuring the business complies with all relevant internal requirements, industry regulations and government legislation
- Leading, managing and developing the team of junior employees
- Helping with other tax matters and projects
- Enabling businesses to fulfil their commitments to international and government compliance
The ideal skill-set
- Experienced and qualified (CTA/ACA/ACCA/ATT or similar)
- Knowledge and experience of UK GAAP and International Auditing Standards (UK and Ireland)
- Ability to supervise, lead and inspire members of tax staff
- Results driven – excellent tax planning and organisational skills
- Exceptional analytical ability and experience at making taxation recommendations
Delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within the required timeframe
- Building relationships and interacting with clients to provide excellent tax planning, consulting and expertise
- Providing innovative tax planning and reviewing complex income tax returns
- Identifying and mitigating tax risks
- Coordinating accounting staff and assessing their performance
- Managing tax provision and tax compliance process
- Improving processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Managing and coordinating tax audits
- Maintaining tax balances on the general ledger
- Preparing tax papers handling all information data requests
The ideal skill-set
- Excellent knowledge of tax compliance, tax accounting and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge of tax software
- Ability to meet deadlines, face challenges and solve problems
- Exceptional client service, plus the ability to develop client relationships
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Analytical skills
These are likely to include
- Direct multiple engagements and serving the tax needs of a varied client base
- Assuming a leadership position – mentoring and supervising staff
- Engagement planning, organising and delegating to maximise efficiency, achievement of goals and maintaining productivity.
- Developing and motivating team members – providing counselling, leadership and career guidance.
- Responsibility for tax returns and ensuring adherence to Practice guidelines and policies.
- Responsibility for all aspects of customer relations.
- Consulting and leading multifaceted client activities.
- Providing full spectrum of business and tax guidance to all clients.
- Participating in corporate structure, divestitures, mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, litigation support, earnings and profit analysis, inventory and other tax accounting procedures.
- Representing the Practice to HMRC
- Responsibility for management, leadership and development of complete service tax practice.
- Performing as key client contact for tax queries.
Latest Tax Accountancy Blogs
It’s not often that we devote a page on our blog to tell you about particular roles that we are recruiting into. But though many
Do you need to work with a faster and more accurate recruiter to source accountants in public practice that are right for your roles in
As an accountant, you play a crucial role in financial management, providing insights that guide strategic decision-making. As such, building strong skills is of paramount
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
The Accountancy Jobs and Careers Specialist
With our proven track record, we’ll find the right Accounts Job to match your career aspirations.
Challenge us to find the perfect Accounts job for you.