Tax Accountancy Jobs in the UK
Matching skills to tax accountant jobs
Are you looking for a Tax Accountant Job or Career in the UK?
Each year we match hundreds of candidates with the perfect job in tax accountancy.
We’re expert recruiters in both permanent tax accounts jobs and interim tax accounts jobs throughout the UK.
Looking for your next career move in Tax?
Looking to fill a Tax role?
Are you just starting out in your Tax career, or are you a Tax Partner with 20 years’ experience under your belt? Either way, we’ll help you to find the right Tax job to fulfil your needs. Our aim is to match you with a Tax Accountant which suits your long-term objectives, not just to place you in the first role available.
We work with most Top 20 accountancy firms along with the key regional players UK-wide. Our dedicated consultants are among the most knowledgeable in the industry. More than that, we’re committed to providing the best advice to support you in reaching your career goals.
Many of our clients are happy to create the ideal role for a talented Tax Senior, Tax Manager or Tax Partner, regardless of whether they have an advertised vacancy. Take a look at our Tax Jobs advertised here. If you don’t immediately see the perfect match but are hungry for that next career move, why not challenge us to tailor the perfect role for you?
Why choose Public Practice Recruitment Ltd for Tax Accountant Jobs and Careers?
- We’re specialists recruiters, working exclusively for accountancy firms. We also help hundreds of tax accountants every year to find new tax accountant job opportunities.
- Thousands of Accountancy firms from across the UK engage Public Practice Recruitment Ltd. They value our unrivalled ability to source the very best candidates for tax accountancy practices across the UK.
- Our experience – over 15 years of specialist recruiting for literally hundreds of UK accountancy firms.
- Our unmatched track record of successful appointments demonstrates our dedication to giving candidates the best, most thorough support in attaining their career goals.
- Our team works rigorously. We leave no stone unturned to match the right tax accountancy skills with the right tax accountant job with the right practice.
- Are you a tax accountant? Then we’ll use all our skill and know-how to help you achieve your long-term career goals.
Latest Tax Accounts Jobs
Tax DirectorThis leading accountancy firm is looking for a talented Tax Director to join their thriving and diverse team in Maidenhead. The successful candidate will be CTA qualified with demonstrable experience of tax and leadership. Once appointed, they will become a valued, senior member of the team and will oversee the tax function, advising on and developing all tax matters with a bias towards corporate tax.Maidenhead
Senior Tax ManagerThis leading independent accountancy firm is looking for an exceptional Senior Tax Manager to join their team in London to oversee the tax department, offer compliance and advisory services for personal and corporate clients and to support the junior team. What are we looking for? You’ll be CTA and/or ACCA/ACA/CA qualified with several years' experience at a senior level in a tax team, managing workflow and ensuring deadlines are met.London
Tax SeniorAre you a Tax Senior experienced in all aspects of general accounting with specialist experience in the field or personal tax? Or perhaps you’re a Semi Senior with an interest in tax looking to progress your career? If so, we are pleased to be recruiting into an exciting Tax Senior Job in Eastleigh that might be your perfect next professional step.Eastleigh
Tax PartnerAre you at the point in your tax focused career where Partnership is your next professional step? Or perhaps you're already working at this level, but a new challenge sounds appealing? Does working for a growing, value-driven accountancy firm with a nurturing approach towards its workforce appeal? If so, this Tax Partner job with potential to proceed to Equity Partnership in Oxford might be perfect for you.Oxford
Tax DirectorThis leading accountancy firm is looking for an ambitious and skilled Tax Director to join their team in Leamington Spa. This opportunity will suit someone looking for a route to Partnership and ready to hit the ground running leading a thriving team of tax professionals for a well-established firm. The successful candidate will be CTA qualified with demonstrable experience of tax and leadership. Once appointed, they will become a valued, senior member of the team and will oversee the tax advisory function, advising on and developing all tax matters for the firm’s valued portfolio.Leamington Spa
Tax ManagerWe’re representing a thriving firm of accountants in Leicester tasked with finding a talented Tax Manager to join their experienced team. This role will suit an ambitious tax accountant, qualified to ACA, ACCA or CA level, ideally with CTA and with significant personal tax experience. You’ll be a confident project manager and have brilliant organisational and leadership skills to ensure the team remains focused and workflow on track to meet essential deadlines.Leicester
Tax DirectorThis leading accountancy firm is looking for a Tax Director to join their team in Leicester. This opportunity will suit someone looking for a route to Partnership and ready to hit the ground running leading a thriving team of tax professionals for a well-established firm. The successful candidate will be CTA qualified with demonstrable experience of tax and leadership. Once appointed, they will become a valued, senior member of the team and will oversee the tax function, advising on and developing all tax matters with a bias towards corporate tax.Leicester
Tax ManagerWe represent a thriving firm in Manchester tasked with finding a talented Tax Manager to join their experienced team. This role will suit an ambitious tax accountant, qualified to ACA, ACCA or CA level, ideally with CTA and with significant tax experience. We’re searching for a confident, technically excellent and motivated tax accountant who can review and complete tax returns and provide a full suite of compliance and advisory services. If this sounds like you, we’d recommend that you upload your CV or contact us today for a confidential chat so that we can present you to the employer at the earliest opportunity.Manchester
Tax Semi SeniorAre you a self-motivated tax compliance professional looking to become a Tax Semi Senior within a leading Manchester accountancy firm? Would you like to make a career move to join a supportive tax team that will prioritise your professional development? If so, this Tax Semi Senior role in Manchester could be for you.Manchester
Tax ManagerWe’re representing a thriving office of a national firm of accountants in York tasked with finding a talented Tax Manager to join their experienced team. This role will suit an ambitious tax accountant, qualified to ACA, ACCA or CA level, ideally with CTA and with significant tax experience. You’ll be a confident project manager and have brilliant organisational and leadership skills to ensure the team remains focused and workflow on track to meet essential deadlines.York
We will find the right Audit Job to suit you; from Pure Audit Jobs, to Mixed Audit & Accounts Jobs, Interim Audit Assignments and even Part Time Audit Jobs.
Whether you are a fully qualified accountant or at the very start of your studies, we can advise you on the most suitable career options for you.
Our aim is always to match you with a Tax Job which suits your long-term objectives, not just to place you in the first role available.
Many Accountancy firms have diversified their revenue streams over recent years, creating a wider range of services and in turn a wealth of specialist roles.
A career in Tax Accountancy
To succeed in Tax Accounts, you need a healthy mix of interpersonal skills and an acute eye for detail. You also need to be reasonably computer literate.
Tax Seniors are employed within accountancy firms otherwise known as public practices or accountancy practices.
A Tax Senior will work on client tax activities, such as tax planning, tax compliance and preparation of corporate and personal tax returns.
The role of Tax Senior comprises both advisory and compliance aspects. A Tax Senior understands tax legislation, legal compliance and its impact on a business. They must be commercially aware and be capable of identifying opportunities to minimise corporate taxation as well as their clients’ personal tax bills.
Responsibilities include liaising with HMRC and completing all required government tax documents.
These can include
- Identifying business risk
- Reporting and presenting findings to the business, making recommendations for solutions and improvements to policies / procedures
- Understanding the commercial objectives of the business
- Liaising with client FDs or other company directors
- Liaising with external advisors
Ensuring the business complies with all relevant internal requirements, industry regulations and government legislation
- Leading, managing and developing the team of junior employees
- Helping with other tax matters and projects
- Enabling businesses to fulfil their commitments to international and government compliance
The ideal skill-set
- Experienced and qualified (CTA/ACA/ACCA/ATT or similar)
- Knowledge and experience of UK GAAP and International Auditing Standards (UK and Ireland)
- Ability to supervise, lead and inspire members of tax staff
- Results driven – excellent tax planning and organisational skills
- Exceptional analytical ability and experience at making taxation recommendations
Delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within the required timeframe
- Building relationships and interacting with clients to provide excellent tax planning, consulting and expertise
- Providing innovative tax planning and reviewing complex income tax returns
- Identifying and mitigating tax risks
- Coordinating accounting staff and assessing their performance
- Managing tax provision and tax compliance process
- Improving processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Managing and coordinating tax audits
- Maintaining tax balances on the general ledger
- Preparing tax papers handling all information data requests
The ideal skill-set
- Excellent knowledge of tax compliance, tax accounting and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge of tax software
- Ability to meet deadlines, face challenges and solve problems
- Exceptional client service, plus the ability to develop client relationships
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Analytical skills
These are likely to include
- Direct multiple engagements and serving the tax needs of a varied client base
- Assuming a leadership position – mentoring and supervising staff
- Engagement planning, organising and delegating to maximise efficiency, achievement of goals and maintaining productivity.
- Developing and motivating team members – providing counselling, leadership and career guidance.
- Responsibility for tax returns and ensuring adherence to Practice guidelines and policies.
- Responsibility for all aspects of customer relations.
- Consulting and leading multifaceted client activities.
- Providing full spectrum of business and tax guidance to all clients.
- Participating in corporate structure, divestitures, mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, litigation support, earnings and profit analysis, inventory and other tax accounting procedures.
- Representing the Practice to HMRC
- Responsibility for management, leadership and development of complete service tax practice.
- Performing as key client contact for tax queries.
Latest Tax Accountancy Blogs
After all – don’t they just sift through applications? You might think this is something of an odd question – especially coming from a dedicated
Accountants in wartime A personal tribute by Garry Howling Armistice Day is always special. I too served. I spent 7 years in 1st Regiment Royal
Artificial Intelligence is surely the number one tech buzzword of the decade. Each week another story emerges about how this technology is rapidly taking over every single aspect of our lives. 20 years from now, will we all be sunning ourselves on the beach or standing in 5-mile dole queue? That’s not the question we’re answering in this blog. Instead, let’s look specifically at the issue of recru
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
The Accountancy Jobs and Careers Specialist
With our proven track record, we’ll find the right Accounts Job to match your career aspirations.
Challenge us to find the perfect Accounts job for you.