Tax Accountancy Jobs in the UK
Matching skills to tax accountant jobs
Are you looking for a Tax Accountant Job or Career in the UK?
Each year we match hundreds of candidates with the perfect job in tax accountancy.
We’re expert recruiters in both permanent tax accounts jobs and interim tax accounts jobs throughout the UK.
Looking for your next career move in Tax?
Looking to fill a Tax role?
Are you just starting out in your Tax career, or are you a Tax Partner with 20 years’ experience under your belt? Either way, we’ll help you to find the right Tax job to fulfil your needs. Our aim is to match you with a Tax Accountant which suits your long-term objectives, not just to place you in the first role available.
We work with most Top 20 accountancy firms along with the key regional players UK-wide. Our dedicated consultants are among the most knowledgeable in the industry. More than that, we’re committed to providing the best advice to support you in reaching your career goals.
Many of our clients are happy to create the ideal role for a talented Tax Senior, Tax Manager or Tax Partner, regardless of whether they have an advertised vacancy. Take a look at our Tax Jobs advertised here. If you don’t immediately see the perfect match but are hungry for that next career move, why not challenge us to tailor the perfect role for you?
Why choose Public Practice Recruitment Ltd for Tax Accountant Jobs and Careers?
- We’re specialists recruiters, working exclusively for accountancy firms. We also help hundreds of tax accountants every year to find new tax accountant job opportunities.
- Thousands of Accountancy firms from across the UK engage Public Practice Recruitment Ltd. They value our unrivalled ability to source the very best candidates for tax accountancy practices across the UK.
- Our experience – over 15 years of specialist recruiting for literally hundreds of UK accountancy firms.
- Our unmatched track record of successful appointments demonstrates our dedication to giving candidates the best, most thorough support in attaining their career goals.
- Our team works rigorously. We leave no stone unturned to match the right tax accountancy skills with the right tax accountant job with the right practice.
- Are you a tax accountant? Then we’ll use all our skill and know-how to help you achieve your long-term career goals.
Latest Tax Accounts Jobs
R&D Tax SpecialistAre you an ambitious R & D tax expert that enjoys using your skill to help clients innovate? Are you looking for a career move to become an R & D Tax Specialist within a progressive and supportive accountancy firm? Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that values its team members? If so, this R & D Tax Specialist role within an established and growing practice in London could be for you. CTA or ATT qualified, you’ll need to be technically proficient and have extensive R & D tax-related knowledge together with at least three years of experience working within a practice environment.London
Senior Tax ManagerAre you an ambitious tax expert that enjoys using your skill to help clients? Are you looking for a career move to become a Senior Tax Manager within a progressive and supportive accountancy firm? Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that values its team members? If so, this Senior Tax Manager role within an established and growing practice in London could be for you. CTA qualified, you’ll need to be technically proficient and have extensive mixed tax-related knowledge together with at least five years of experience working within a practice environment.London
Tax ManagerAre you an ambitious tax expert that enjoys using your skill to help clients? Are you looking for a career move to become a Tax Manager within a progressive and supportive accountancy firm? Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that values its team members and provides a comprehensive benefits package to support you personally as well as professionally? If so, this Tax Manager role within an established and growing practice in Banbury could be for you. CTA qualified, you’ll need to be technically proficient and have extensive tax-related knowledge together with at least five years of experience working within a practice environment.Banbury
VAT DirectorAre you an extremely capable VAT expert looking for a VAT Director role that allows you to be part of a supportive, market-leading accountancy firm? Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that values its team members and rewards and recognises your contribution? If so, this VAT Director role within a top 50, progressive accountancy firm in Cambridge could be for you. Qualified by experience (QBE), Chartered Accountant status, or CTA/CFA qualified, you’ll need to be technically proficient and have extensive experience providing VAT advice at a senior level. Acting in an advisory capacity, you’ll be the first point of contact for clients and team members regarding VAT, so you’ll need to be a strong communicator and networker. You’ll need to be a proven and effective leader that strives for continued development and improvement. This high-calibre accountancy firm in Cambridge offers a supportive environment and excellent remuneration and benefits for the right person.Cambridge
Senior Tax ManagerAre you an experienced Tax Partner or a senior taxation specialist looking to make a move to a firm that understands the importance of high-quality tax advice and rewards your expertise? Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that values its employees and provides an enviable benefits package with flexible working hours? If so, this Tax Partner role within a progressive and expanding accounting firm in Staffordshire could be for you. As an ATT or CTA-qualified Tax Manager, you will need two years of experience as a senior personal tax planner and enjoy sharing your expertise to the benefit of your clients and the firm. In addition to being the go-to personal tax professional for clients, you’ll also be a team leader, fostering a supportive culture that encourages and celebrates everyone’s hard work and dedication.Stoke on Trent
Tax ManagerAre you an established or aspiring Tax practitioner seeking a new role within a firm of accountants based in Cambridge? Are you looking for progression within your taxation and accountancy career to Corporate Tax Manager? Or, are you seeking a Tax Management role within a progressive firm of accountants that invests in and develops its employees? A multi-office, Cambridgeshire-based accountancy business has a new and exciting vacancy for a qualified (ACA, CA, ACCA, CTA, or Tax Inspector with full Technical Training Course) Corporate Tax Manager.Cambridge
Tax ManagerJob Vacancy For A Tax Manager In Cheltenham Are you a driven Corporate Tax Manager seeking a new taxation role within a growing firm of accountants in Cheltenham? Perhaps you’re an enthusiastic Tax Senior looking for a promotion to Tax Manager with an accountancy practice that has a supportive working environment? A Cheltenham-based firm requires a customer-focussed, qualified Tax Manager who can champion customer excellence within a fast-growing area of the practice. As a Tax Manager, you’ll be recognised as a key member of the team, using both your and your team’s demonstrable tax experience to analyse, plan, and advise on your clients’ taxation. For the right person, this firm in the Cotswolds offers a competitive benefits package that includes a generous and extendable holiday entitlement, well-being and lifestyle discounts, personal development, life assurance, and a matched contributory pension.Cheltenham
Tax ManagerLooking for a Tax Manager job in London? Are you CTA qualified? We are working with a London based accountancy firm to recruit an experienced tax accountant into their tax team. This exciting managerial job in tax reports into the Head of tax, we are looking for a high-quality Tax Manager.London
Tax ManagerAre you a Tax Manager in Nottingham? We have an excellent opportunity for a CTA qualified Tax Manager. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd works exclusively with accountancy practices across the UK and has an enviable reputation. We are working with a Nottingham based firm to recruit into a newly created Tax Manager job in their Nottingham office. With first-class offices across the region and award-winning culture leadership team this is a brilliant accountancy firm to join.Nottingham
Tax ManagerPublic Practice Recruitment Tax Manager job Thame, Oxfordshire. This is an excellent opportunity for a CTA qualified Tax Manager to join a leading firm of Oxfordshire based accountants to head up their tax compliance offering. Our client would also consider ACA/ACCA qualified accountants who are looking to study towards their CTA tax qualification. Reporting into a Partner the Tax Manager will take full responsibility for tax compliance matters within the firm including the management of the tax team and supporting staff across the firm in technical tax matters.Thame
We will find the right Audit Job to suit you; from Pure Audit Jobs, to Mixed Audit & Accounts Jobs, Interim Audit Assignments and even Part Time Audit Jobs.
Whether you are a fully qualified accountant or at the very start of your studies, we can advise you on the most suitable career options for you.
Our aim is always to match you with a Tax Job which suits your long-term objectives, not just to place you in the first role available.
Many Accountancy firms have diversified their revenue streams over recent years, creating a wider range of services and in turn a wealth of specialist roles.
A career in Tax Accountancy
To succeed in Tax Accounts, you need a healthy mix of interpersonal skills and an acute eye for detail. You also need to be reasonably computer literate.
Tax Seniors are employed within accountancy firms otherwise known as public practices or accountancy practices.
A Tax Senior will work on client tax activities, such as tax planning, tax compliance and preparation of corporate and personal tax returns.
The role of Tax Senior comprises both advisory and compliance aspects. A Tax Senior understands tax legislation, legal compliance and its impact on a business. They must be commercially aware and be capable of identifying opportunities to minimise corporate taxation as well as their clients’ personal tax bills.
Responsibilities include liaising with HMRC and completing all required government tax documents.
These can include
- Identifying business risk
- Reporting and presenting findings to the business, making recommendations for solutions and improvements to policies / procedures
- Understanding the commercial objectives of the business
- Liaising with client FDs or other company directors
- Liaising with external advisors
Ensuring the business complies with all relevant internal requirements, industry regulations and government legislation
- Leading, managing and developing the team of junior employees
- Helping with other tax matters and projects
- Enabling businesses to fulfil their commitments to international and government compliance
The ideal skill-set
- Experienced and qualified (CTA/ACA/ACCA/ATT or similar)
- Knowledge and experience of UK GAAP and International Auditing Standards (UK and Ireland)
- Ability to supervise, lead and inspire members of tax staff
- Results driven – excellent tax planning and organisational skills
- Exceptional analytical ability and experience at making taxation recommendations
Delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within the required timeframe
- Building relationships and interacting with clients to provide excellent tax planning, consulting and expertise
- Providing innovative tax planning and reviewing complex income tax returns
- Identifying and mitigating tax risks
- Coordinating accounting staff and assessing their performance
- Managing tax provision and tax compliance process
- Improving processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Managing and coordinating tax audits
- Maintaining tax balances on the general ledger
- Preparing tax papers handling all information data requests
The ideal skill-set
- Excellent knowledge of tax compliance, tax accounting and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge of tax software
- Ability to meet deadlines, face challenges and solve problems
- Exceptional client service, plus the ability to develop client relationships
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Analytical skills
These are likely to include
- Direct multiple engagements and serving the tax needs of a varied client base
- Assuming a leadership position – mentoring and supervising staff
- Engagement planning, organising and delegating to maximise efficiency, achievement of goals and maintaining productivity.
- Developing and motivating team members – providing counselling, leadership and career guidance.
- Responsibility for tax returns and ensuring adherence to Practice guidelines and policies.
- Responsibility for all aspects of customer relations.
- Consulting and leading multifaceted client activities.
- Providing full spectrum of business and tax guidance to all clients.
- Participating in corporate structure, divestitures, mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, litigation support, earnings and profit analysis, inventory and other tax accounting procedures.
- Representing the Practice to HMRC
- Responsibility for management, leadership and development of complete service tax practice.
- Performing as key client contact for tax queries.
Latest Tax Accountancy Blogs
After all – don’t they just sift through applications? You might think this is something of an odd question – especially coming from a dedicated
Accountants in wartime A personal tribute by Garry Howling Armistice Day is always special. I too served. I spent 7 years in 1st Regiment Royal
Artificial Intelligence is surely the number one tech buzzword of the decade. Each week another story emerges about how this technology is rapidly taking over every single aspect of our lives. 20 years from now, will we all be sunning ourselves on the beach or standing in 5-mile dole queue? That’s not the question we’re answering in this blog. Instead, let’s look specifically at the issue of recru
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
The Accountancy Jobs and Careers Specialist
With our proven track record, we’ll find the right Accounts Job to match your career aspirations.
Challenge us to find the perfect Accounts job for you.