The Specialist in
All Accountancy Recruitment
Corporate Finance | Payroll | Forensic Accounting | Employment Tax
Are you looking for a Specialist Accountancy Job or Career in the UK?
Many Accountancy firms have diversified their revenue streams over recent years. They have created an increasingly wide range of services and a wealth of specialist roles. We work with most Top 100 accountancy firms along with the key regional players across the UK, helping them to recruit the best talent within
and many others.
Develop your Accountancy speciality
Are you already a specialist in your own right? Are you thinking of moving into a specialist area of accountancy, building your own niche? Either way, we’ll work with you to develop your career in exactly the direction you want.
Our dedicated accountancy recruitment consultants are among the most knowledgeable in the industry. But we’re more than just knowledgeable. We’re committed to providing honest and impartial advice. We’ll support you to reach your career goals. If you don’t see a job advertised that fully meets your needs but are hungry for that next career move, why not challenge us to find the perfect role for you?
We’re expert recruiters in both permanent specialist accountancy jobs and interim specialist accountancy jobs throughout the UK.
Looking for your next career move in Accounts?
Looking to fill a specialist Accounts role?
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
Why choose Public Practice Recruitment Ltd for Specialist Accounts Jobs and Careers?
- We’re specialists recruiters, working exclusively for accountancy firms. We also help hundreds of accountants every year to find new accountancy job opportunities.
- Thousands of Accountancy firms from across the UK engage Public Practice Recruitment Ltd. They value our unrivalled ability to source the very best candidates for accountancy practices across the UK.
- Our experience – over 15 years of specialist recruiting for literally hundreds of UK accountancy firms.
- Our unmatched track record of successful appointments demonstrates our dedication to giving candidates the best, most thorough support in attaining their career goals.
- Our team works rigorously. We leave no stone unturned to match the right accountancy skills with the right accountancy job with the right practice.
- Are you an accountant? Then we’ll use all our skill and know-how to help you achieve your long-term career goals.
Payroll ExecutiveAre you a self-motivated and hands-on Payroll Executive? You’ll be technically competent and a confident communicator, with previous payroll experience within practice.Milton Keynes
Payroll AssistantPublic Practice Recruitment Ltd Are you a talented Payroll Assistant in Leicester who would be excited to learn more about an exciting opportunity to join a thriving and close-knit team serving a varied and interesting client portfolio. This firm is seeing a motivated and energetic new member of their team who can offer an excellent work ethic, approach to client communication and attention to detail.Leicester, UK
Payroll ManagerAre you the talented Payroll Manager we're looking for? We want to hear from you if you have excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving.St Albans
Payroll AssistantPublic Practice Recruitment Ltd Are you a Payroll Assistant in or around Knowle with practice or bureau experience who would love to work with a thriving firm? We're looking for someone with solid technical know-how, good communication skills, and a proactive approach to problem solving.Knowle, Solihull, UK
Payroll AdministratorThis reputable firm of experienced accountants and business advisors works with an exciting and diverse client portfolio, providing a wide range of accountancy support. Always striving for excellence, this firm develops trusted and long-lasting relationships with its clients. Ensuring the best service is provided, the inclusive team nurtures talent in a supportive working environment.Crewe, UK
VAT DirectorPublic Practice Recruitment Ltd Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.Boston, UK
Payroll AdministratorAre you an experienced Payroll Administrator seeking your next career step with a leading, independently owned accounting firm? Are you looking to work for an established and reputable firm of accountants that will value your payroll experience and technical proficiency? If so, this Payroll Administrator role within a progressive and supportive accountancy firm in Manchester could be for you. You’ll need to have two to three years of experience running multiple, large-scale payrolls for various clients and have a good working knowledge of Sage and ideally other software too.Newcastle-under-Lyme
Payroll AdministratorAre you a self-motivated and hands-on Payroll Administrator? We want to hear from you if you’re keen to support a varied client portfolio as part of a leading firm.Coalville
Payroll AssistantPublic Practice Recruitment Ltd Are you a Payroll Assistant in or around Hertford with practice or bureau experience who would love to work with a thriving firm? We're looking for someone with solid technical know-how, good communication skills, and a proactive approach to problem solving.Hertford
Payroll ManagerAre you the talented Payroll Manager we're looking for? This Payroll Manager job in Oldham is on offer with a reputable firm that supports an extensive client portfolio with accountancy, business advisory and tax services, always striving to deliver a superior level of service.Oldham
We will find the right Audit Job to suit you; from Pure Audit Jobs, to Mixed Audit & Accounts Jobs, Interim Audit Assignments and even Part Time Audit Jobs.
Whether you are a fully qualified accountant or at the very start of your studies, we can advise you on the most suitable career options for you.
Our aim is always to match you with a Tax Job which suits your long-term objectives, not just to place you in the first role available.
Many Accountancy firms have diversified their revenue streams over recent years, creating a wider range of services and in turn a wealth of specialist roles.
A specialist career in Accountancy
Corporate Finance Managers
Corporate Finance Managers are responsible for
- identifying and securing merger and acquisition deals
- managing and investing large monetary funds
- buying and selling financial products
- handling all aspects of large transactions for a business, including due diligence.
Accounting, Financial Controls and Financial Reporting
- Directs preparation of financial records and financial plans, policies, and reports.
Ensures compliance with GAAP, SEC, FASB, SOX and other regulatory requirements.
- Directs oversight of audits, works closely with the Board Audit Committee.
- Financial operations and consolidation of subsidiaries.
Strategic, Financial and Operational Planning
- Participates in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs.
- Develops and communicates financial vision and strategy.
- Directs preparation of annual operating and business fiscal plans (budgets).
- Develops financial forecasts and monitors financial health, monitoring guardrails around financial commitments.
- Works with the business to optimize business performance and planning.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization (i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments).
- Evaluates capital expenditures, investment activities and portfolio management.
- Ensures timely and accurate business/financial reports and plans; presents them to the Partners across all business units to increase financial transparency in management reporting and business line performance.
Treasury and Tax
- Manages treasury function, including meeting short and long-term funding needs.
- Determines appropriate capital structure.
- Initiates and oversees execution of all capital market transactions.
- Manages tax function
- Understands how regulatory reform will impact the business and helps ensure the business is best positioned to respond.
- Manages aspects of risk through accounting, audit, planning and treasury functions
External Financial Relations
- Manages investor relations function
- Serves as company’s representative to financial/investment community and shareholders.
- Manages banking and investment banking relationships
- Manages A/R, A/P relationships with third-party vendors and customers
- Oversees and delivers recommendations to Board and Board committees regarding financials, audit matters, investments, and strategic initiatives and direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, management, or finance required
- MBA or an advanced degree in business, management, or finance required
- CPA preferred
- CTP preferred
- FP&A certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting, audit, finance, tax, reporting, budgeting, business operations, strategic planning, FP&A.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Excel.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial packages software.
- 15-20 years of experience in finance.
- Senior management experience in finance, accounting, FP&A, or related disciplines.
- Long range financial and/or operations planning experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Consensus building
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Organization skills
- Presentation skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Financial analysis skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Written communication skills.
The key roles in payroll include
- processing an organisation’s payroll in a timely and accurate manner
- creating and maintaining employees payroll records
- calculating wages and deductions based on employee attendance and timesheet records
- entering payroll information into a central system for processing
- issuing employees’ checks and earnings summaries
- completing payroll reports
Payroll Job Duties
- Processes company’s payroll every pay period
- Maintains payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Computes employee take-home pay based on-time records, benefits, and taxes
- Answers staff questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records
- Receives and coordinates requests for leave and other absences
- Handles changes in exemptions, job status, and job titles
- Adheres to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
- Honours confidentiality of employees’ pay records
- Completes payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
- Determines organisation’s tax obligations by calculating national and council taxes as well as National Insurance contributions
- Performs the distribution of wages
- Supervises other payroll clerks and employees as needed
Payroll Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent Mathematical Skills
Accounting and Bookkeeping Skills
- Attention to Detail, Organisation Skills
- Superior Computer and Typing Skills
- Data Entry
- Good Verbal Communication with Employees
- Capable of Working with Minimal Supervision
- Record-Keeping Skills
- Familiar with Payroll Software
- Basic Understanding of Tax Procedures
- Familiarity with Benefits and Other Wage Deductions
- Multi-Tasking Abilities
- Ability to Work on a Deadline
- Sound Decision-Making Skills
A forensic accountant is a certified public accountant who examines financial records and accounts which can then be used as evidence. Often, a forensic accountant will work in areas where they can help to prove or disprove insurance claims or personal injury claims. They can also work to help resolve business disputes, divorces, and fraud cases. They might help with criminal cases too. They could also find themselves testifying in court as experts.
The forensic accountant speciality can be especially attractive for those who relish working on challenging problems and uncovering hidden or missed details.
An employment tax specialist will carry out the following roles –
- Advise on all aspects of employment taxes including employment status, PAYE obligations, National Insurance contributions, temporary workplace relief etc.
- Undertake PAYE health checks and help clients with PAYE enquiries from HMRC
- Advise on completion of P11Ds and PAYE Settlement Agreements
- Deal with queries from Partners and managers on a daily basis
- Provide technical support to the firm`s payroll bureau
- Advise on taxation of employee share schemes including submission of in-year notifications and end of year reporting to HMRC
Latest Accountancy Blogs
Do you need to work with a faster and more accurate recruiter to source accountants in public practice that are right for your roles in
As an accountant, you play a crucial role in financial management, providing insights that guide strategic decision-making. As such, building strong skills is of paramount
After all – don’t they just sift through applications? You might think this is something of an odd question – especially coming from a dedicated
The Accountancy Specialist Jobs and Careers Specialist
With our proven track record, we’ll find the right Specialist Accounts Job to match your career aspirations.
Challenge us to find the perfect Specialist Accounts job for you.