Are you on the lookout for an Accountancy Job in Scotland?
We only recruit for Accountants – the Accountancy Recruitment specialists.
Are you searching for an Accountancy Job or Career in Scotland?
Or are you an Accountancy Practice with an Accountancy role to fill?
Each year we match hundreds of accountants with the perfect job in accounts in Scotland.
We’re the Accountancy Recruitment Agency for Scotland – specialist recruiters in both permanent accounts jobs and interim accounts jobs throughout Scotland.
Looking for your next career move in Accountancy?
Looking to fill an Accountancy role?
Accountancy in Scotland
An excellent work life balance awaits those seeking accountancy jobs in Scotland.
Scotland comprises of the northern most third of the island of Great Britain and benefits from the most marvelous countryside, islands and coastal towns as well as the vibrant and culturally rich cities of Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
Scottish industry thrives through busy shipbuilding, fishing, manufacturing and gas and oil extraction from the North Sea.
The city of Edinburgh is steeped in culture and history and annually hosts the Edinburgh Fringe Festival of the Arts which attracts tourists from around the world.
Scotland produces a great many wonderful national food and drink products and is home to some fantastic dining establishments and food festivals.
Those who enjoy sports and the great outdoors are spoiled for choice as the majestic highlands and scenery in Scotland make it an excellent choice for those looking to explore and who appreciate flora and fauna.
With airports connecting its cities to London in just over an hour’s flight time the area is also well connected and rail and motorway links are excellent.
Overall Scotland offers candidates a marvelous quality of life and range of accountancy jobs and opportunities.
Why is Public Practice Recruitment Ltd the go-to recruiter for so many firms for Accountant Jobs in the Scotland?
- We’re specialist recruiters. Our niche is to work only for Accountancy Practices. Each year, we’re successful in supporting hundreds of accountants to find new accountancy jobs in Scotland.
- There are thousands of Accountant Practices all over Scotland who work with Public Practice Recruitment Ltd. These Practices value our extraordinary ability to recruit the very best accountants for Scotland accountancy practices.
- We have both experience and know-how – 15 years of dedication to specialist recruiting for hundreds of Scotland accountants.
- Our enviable track record of achieving successful appointments is a measure of our commitment to providing accountants with the best possible support in attaining their career ambitions.
- The keys to our success are our efficiency and diligence. Our focused approach gives us every chance of matching the right accountancy skills with the right accountancy job at the right accountancy practice.
- Are you an accountant? Then we’ll use all our skill and know-how to help you achieve your long-term career goals.
- Are you an accountancy firm? We work with:
- Almost all of the UK’s top 100 firms of accountants
- the major regional accountancy practices
- the key sole office accountancy firms
- many vibrant start-up accountancy firms across the country
- We have many brilliant success stories of auditors we’ve helped to relocate – sometimes to the most rural parts of the UK, including Cornwall, The Highlands and Cumbria to name but a few.
Latest Accountancy Jobs
Senior AccountantAre you a Senior Accountant experienced in management accounts, with a proactive approach to work, wanting to join a forward-thinking accountancy firm? If you’re ambitious and looking to work for a firm of accountants that supports a variety of clients across different industries, this Senior Accountant job in Plymouth could be for you. You’ll be ACCA, ACA or AAT qualified, or studying, with a minimum of three years of experience within a finance department. CIMA is desirable, as well as accountancy practice experience.Plymouth
Audit SeniorAre you an Audit Semi Senior seeking career progression, or an established Audit Senior seeking your next role with a reputable accountancy firm? Are you looking to work for a firm of accountants that will view your technical proficiency within audit as invaluable and reward your hard work? If so, this Audit Senior job in London could be for you. You’ll be ACCA, CA or ACA qualified or part-qualified and have previous accountancy practice experience working in an audit role.London
Audit Semi SeniorAre you an Audit Semi Senior looking to work with a firm that will nurture your expertise? Or are you a Junior Accountant looking to work for a firm of accountants that will provide learning programmes within a positive and supportive environment? If so, this Audit Semi Senior job in Solihull could be for you. Studying towards your ACA or ACCA qualification, you’ll be given study support, as well as audit training and further professional development opportunities.Solihull
Client ManagerWe’re representing a thriving, multi-office accountancy firm in London, tasked with finding a talented Client Manager to work directly beneath one of the Partners. This role will suit an ambitious accountant, qualified (or qualified by experience) to ACA, ACCA or CA level, with first class time management and organisational skills. You’ll be directly supporting one of the Partners so you’ll need a can-do attitude and the ability to delegate, act with autonomy and initiative. You’ll be comfortable supporting the Partner with all activities undertaken including positions of trust on boards in the private and public sectors. You’ll also need to be able to offer flexibility to meet the needs of the business.London
Client ManagerWe’re representing a thriving, multi-office accountancy firm in London, tasked with finding a talented Client Manager to join their loyal team. This role will offer an ambitious accountant, qualified to ACA, ACCA or CA level, ideally with CTA, studying towards it or keen to start, a fantastic opportunity to showcase general all-round skills in audit, tax and accounting whilst overseeing a diverse portfolio of clients.London
Audit & Accounts SeniorThis accountancy firm is looking for an experienced Audit and Accounts Senior to join their team near Plymouth, Devon. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading accountancy practice working for a variety of clients in a range of industries. Are you studying for your ACA, ACCA or CA qualification, or new qualified, with three or more years accounting practice experience and a drive to deliver the highest quality service? If so, this Audit and Accounts Senior job in Plymouth could be the right fit for you. You’ll be detail focused and technically minded, with strong problem-solving skills. Good communication skills will be essential, and you’ll have proven experience of efficient time management.Plymouth
Senior AccountantAre you an experienced Senior Accountant looking for the next step in your career? If you’re ambitious and looking to work for a firm of accountants that supports a variety of clients across different industries, this Senior Accountant job in London could be for you. You’ll be ACCA qualified with a minimum of five years in accountancy practice experience. You will have previously led a team, from managing workflow and ensuring deadlines are met, to nurturing talent within a supportive working environment.London
Senior AccountantAre you a Semi Senior Accountant looking for the next step in your career, or are you an experienced Senior Accountant wanting to join a forward-thinking accountancy firm? If you’re ambitious and looking to work for a firm of accountants that supports a variety of clients across different industries, this Senior Accountant job in Plymouth could be for you. You’ll be ACCA, ACA or AAT qualified, or studying, with a minimum of three years of accountancy practice experience.Plymouth
Tax ManagerThis thriving regional accountancy firm is looking for a Tax Manager to join their team in Worcester to support the increased and excellent delivery of corporate tax returns and compliance for a varied portfolio of clients You will be ACA, CA, ACCA or CTA qualified, , and be an experienced corporate tax professional. As an enthusiastic tax Manager, you’ll need to have at least three years of experience in a taxation role, be self-motivated, and understand the value of teamwork for this job.Worcester
Senior Tax ManagerThis leading accountancy firm is looking for an exceptional Senior Tax Manager to join their team in London to oversee a tax compliance and advisory. Are you CTA qualified with two or three years of practice experience? Can you proactively manage workflow and ensure deadlines are met, whilst supporting the team around you? If so, this Senior Tax Manager job in London might be the right fit for you. This opportunity will suit someone who is well experienced in managing tax matters and is able to effectively communicate technical matters in an easy-to-understand way for clients. A high level of attention to detail will also be essential for this role.London
Candidates - a career in Accounts in Scotland
To be successful in Accounts, you’ll need a good combination of interpersonal skills and a sharp eye for detail. You’ll also need to be reasonably computer literate.
As an Accounts Assistant
You’ll be providing admin support to accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as
- making phone calls
- handling mail
- basic bookkeeping
- helping to keep the office running smoothly
- dealing with customers and external agencies
Accounts assistants are usually expected to be in work during typical daytime office hours.
Working as part of a team within a business environment, you’ll be full or part-time and your contract could be permanent or temporary, depending on the specific vacancy you go for. You may have to travel too.
Take advantage of offers of training and you may find promotion opportunities come your way. The next step on the career ladder would be as …
The typical qualities of a successful Assistant Accountant include
- part-qualified AAT –
- excellent Excel skills
- the ability to be diplomatic and discrete
- a pro-active approach and the ability to focus on system and reporting improvements
- payroll experience
- experience in preparation of statutory and balance sheet accounts
Your duties might include
- monthly management account preparation
- production of profit and loss statements
- to complete and maintain sales invoices and reports
- accruals & prepayments
- assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts for review
- bank reconciliation, posting and balancing
- weekly wages, petty cash and other journal posting
- quarterly VAT return preparation
Accountants go through a rigorous qualification and recruitment process. Employers generally look for graduates and school leavers who are
- able to reflect on their own work, as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions
- genuinely interested in business and possess a degree of business acumen
- organised and can manage deadlines
- good in a team
- skilled communicators and have good interpersonal skills
- proficient in IT
- able to be analytical
- methodical in their approach and have proven problem-solving skills
- highly numerate
What exactly is the role of an Accountant?
An Accountant delivers financial advice to clients. These clients could be self-employed solo professionals, SMEs, large companies, all the way through to multinationals.
Accountants frequently specialise in specific areas of practice
- management consultancy
- forensic accountancy
- corporate finance
A general overview of the role of an Accountant
- preparing accounts and tax returns
- administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- auditing financial information
- compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
- analysing accounts and business plans
- providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- financial forecasting and risk analysis
- dealing with insolvency cases
- negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organisations
- meeting and interviewing clients
- managing colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
Accountant Jobs and Careers in Scotland
with the Scottish Accountancy Recruitment specialist
With our long-established track record of success, we’ll find the right Accountancy Job in Scotland to match your career aspirations perfectly.
Our database holds thousands of accountancy candidates from throughout Scotland. If we can’t find a suitable candidate amongst them, we’ll go out and recruit – secure in the knowledge that we’ll soon fill your Accountancy vacancy with a great candidate.
We’ve helped dozens of Scotland Accountancy Practices to find the finest accountancy candidates. If your Practice has traditionally struggled to recruit accountants, we’ll soon help you to become the accountancy firm of choice in your corner of Scotland.
Challenge us to find the perfect Accountancy Job in Scotland for you.
See how we can find the perfect Accountancy candidate for your Practice.