A Tax Senior job description will seek someone with tax experience looking to pursue a career solely in the area of taxation and gain qualified status in that discipline.
Tax Senior Job Description: Skills And Attributes
A Tax Senior will already be qualified or willing to study towards an ATT or CTA-level qualification and have some previous taxation experience (usually two years).
In addition to these qualifications, the Tax Senior will be recognised as a key member of the team, using their tax experience to support the analysis, planning, and advice process on clients’ taxation.
As the Tax Senior role centres around compliance and governance, knowledge of legislation, and the need to keep abreast of any changes, must also be reflected in the job description.
The role requires an individual who understands the value that taxation advice, planning, and analysis can provide for a client. For this reason, the right person needs to be both technically proficient and willing to develop their skills as a taxation adviser.
Staying calm under pressure and being a natural problem solver, they must also have the skills to resolve issues promptly.
In addition to all of the above, they will need excellent communication skills, as this role is client-facing.
Tax Senior Job Description: Responsibilities
- All elements of tax compliance and tax advisory for both personal and corporate tax matters.
- Operating in an advisory capacity, part of your role as a Tax Senior is to understand and nurture relationships with your clients and partners, providing much-needed taxation advice on acquisitions, mergers, restructures, and tax investigations.
- By supporting your clients to the best of your ability, both with your advice and technical proficiency, you will become a customer service excellence champion.
- You’ll help ensure that tax requirements, management and planning are advised upon according to authority rules.
- You will be confident in undertaking due diligence checks and work with many team members across the business to pool expertise.
- You will be confident in reporting and discussing recommendations and workload with stakeholders.
- A great communicator, you’ll be comfortable discussing taxation and strategy with existing clients, stakeholders and potential clients.
Are you looking for a Tax Senior job?
If you’re looking for a Tax Senior job, we’d encourage you to get in touch.
We have a tremendous track record of introducing you (anonymously) to our long-term clients by highlighting your skills and attributes in line with each firm’s needs.
We will handle your job search for an accountancy role with the strictest confidence and sensitivity.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.
Are you recruiting for a Tax Senior position?
If you are looking to recruit for your accountancy practice, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd can help.
Exclusively developed for the accountancy industry, our professional accountancy recruitment team will seek the highest calibre of candidate for your role, so you’ll be confident they will actively contribute to the success of your accountancy firm.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.