A Tax Manager job description will seek a taxation professional that can manage others in addition to being an exceptional tax adviser themselves.
Most Tax Managers will have gained CTA status and will also be adept at client management.
Tax Manager Job Description: Skills And Attributes
Tax Managers will already be qualified to CTA level.
In addition to these qualifications, the Tax Manager will be recognised as a key member of the team, using their own and their team’s demonstrable tax experience to analyse, plan, and advise on clients’ taxation.
As the Tax Manager role centres around compliance and governance, knowledge of legislation, and the need to keep abreast of any changes, must also be reflected in the job description.
As a manager, the role will require management experience, including leading and encouraging team members while managing their workloads and ensuring the department meets clients’ deadlines.
The role requires an individual who understands the value that taxation advice, planning, and analysis can provide for a client. It’s for this reason that the right person needs to be technically proficient.
Staying calm under pressure and being a natural problem solver, they must also have the skills to resolve issues promptly.
In addition to all of the above, they will need excellent communication skills, as this role is client-facing.
As a manager, this person will develop a more holistic view of the firm, forming part of a senior team that helps the practice reach customer satisfaction and growth objectives.
Tax Manager Job Description: Responsibilities
- All elements of tax compliance and tax advisory for both personal and corporate tax matters.
- Operating in an advisory capacity, part of your role as a Tax Manager is to understand and nurture relationships with your clients and partners, providing much-needed taxation advice on acquisitions, mergers, restructures, and tax investigations.
- By supporting your clients to the best of your ability, both with your advice and technical proficiency, you will become a customer service excellence champion.
- You’ll help ensure that tax requirements, management and planning are advised upon according to authority rules.
- You will be confident in undertaking due diligence checks and work with many team members across the business to pool expertise.
- You will have a commercial mind, operating at helicopter view so that you can identify opportunities and challenges within your portfolio of clients.
- You will be confident in reporting and discussing recommendations and workload with stakeholders.
- You will be comfortable with leadership and understand the importance of encouraging a positive and inclusive working environment.
- A great communicator, you’ll be comfortable discussing taxation and strategy with existing clients, stakeholders and potential clients.
Are you looking for a Tax Manager job?
If you’re looking for a Tax Manager job, we’d encourage you to get in touch.
We have a tremendous track record of introducing you (anonymously) to our long-term clients by highlighting your skills and attributes in line with each firm’s needs.
We will handle your job search for an accountancy role with the strictest confidence and sensitivity.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.
Are you recruiting for a Tax Manager position?
If you are looking to recruit for your accountancy practice, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd can help.
Exclusively developed for the accountancy industry, our professional accountancy recruitment team will seek the highest calibre of candidate for your role, so you’ll be confident they will actively contribute to the success of your accountancy firm.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.