A Senior Audit Manager job description will focus on monitoring and mentoring more junior members of an audit department to deliver customer excellence and continued improvement alongside an Audit Partner or Audit Partner Designate.
Senior Audit Manager Job Description: Skills And Attributes
A Senior Audit Manager will need to excel within the field of auditing and have a track record of advising clients to the benefit of clients’ and the firm’s growth.
A Senior Audit Manager will be a true team player and leader, able to manage an audit department’s workload and performance, foster a supportive work environment, and leverage skills to the benefit of clients.
At management level, the Senior Audit Manager works closely with the Audit Partner or Audit Partner Designate to develop business acumen and strategic thinking.
It’s as important to be technically proficient as it is to be a networker and relationship builder in this role, as it requires excellent communication and project management skills.
A job description for a Senior Audit Manager will often require a minimum of three years’ practice experience following completion of an ACA or ACCA qualification.
Job descriptions for this calibre often seek a self-motivated individual.
Senior Audit Manager Job Description: Responsibilities
- Responsible for department management.
- Ensure that high standards of technical quality are maintained across the department.
- Ensure that high standards of service levels are maintained across the department.
- Monitor and manage workloads ensuring that clients are prioritised accordingly.
- Work with and manage teams and employees to ensure deadlines are met.
- Control and manage the departmental budget.
- Responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of clients.
- Ensure that the provision of accounting information is provided to other departments on time and in preparation for tax returns and tax planning.
- Work with other departments to ensure that clients receive support and advice as required.
- Work with teams and departments to ensure that billing targets are met.
Are you recruiting for a Senior Audit Manager position?
If you are looking to recruit a Senior Audit Manager, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd can help.
Exclusively developed for the accountancy industry, our professional team will seek the highest calibre of candidate for your role, so you’ll be confident they will actively contribute to the success of your accountancy firm.
Are you looking for a Senior Audit Manager job?
If you’re looking for accountancy jobs as a Senior Audit Manager, we’d encourage you to get in touch.
We have a tremendous track record of introducing you (anonymously) to our long-term clients by highlighting your skills and attributes in line with each firm’s needs.
Your job search for an accountancy role will be handled in the strictest confidence and sensitivity.