A Forensic Accountant job description will seek a qualified accounting professional that is ACA or ACCA qualified.
Forensic Accountant Job Description: Skills And Attributes
Forensic Accountants will already be qualified to ACA or ACCA level and have an analytical mind and experience using a forensic approach to reporting.
The role of a Forensic Accountant is to see beyond the facts presented and use their knowledge and experience to dig deeper into the financial and non-financial data to gain an accurate picture.
Often in conjunction with lawyers, insurers, loss adjusters, and other external parties — the Forensic Accountant role requires technical and analytical excellence.
It’s not uncommon for auditors to naturally progress into a Forensic Accounting role due to their ability to analyse and question transactions and processes.
The Forensic Accountant will produce reports that present findings that need to be understood by those not in the accounting profession.
Often working with minimal supervision, this person needs to reach out to team members, discuss findings with senior stakeholders, and be the first point of contact for queries.
As there are often consequences due to incorrect accounting — the Forensic Accountant must record and present evidence accurately and liaise with various bodies, including law enforcement.
Forensic Accountant Job Description: Responsibilities
- Conduct and perform forensic financial analyses.
- Analyse data — both financial and non-financial information — applying a forensic approach to the work.
- Discuss findings with senior management and stakeholders (lawyers, insurers, loss adjusters, and others).
- Prepare clear, concise reports that non-accountants can understand.
- Be the first point of contact for forensic queries; be available for meetings as guided by clients with detailed forensic reports prepared in advance.
- Work with team members to complete any work or actions for clients.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Seek excellence in all that you do.
Are you looking for a Forensic Accountant job?
If you’re looking for a Forensic Accountant job, we’d encourage you to get in touch.
We have a tremendous track record of introducing you (anonymously) to our long-term clients by highlighting your skills and attributes in line with each firm’s needs.
We will handle your job search for an accountancy role with the strictest confidence and sensitivity.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.
Are you recruiting for a Forensic Accountant position?
If you are looking to recruit for your accountancy practice, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd can help.
Exclusively developed for the accountancy industry, our professional accountancy recruitment team will seek the highest calibre of candidate for your role, so you’ll be confident they will actively contribute to the success of your accountancy firm.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.