Looking for an Audit Job in London?
We only recruit for Accountants – the Accountancy Recruitment specialists.
Audit jobs and external audit jobs in London with accountancy and finance recruitment agency Public Practice Recruitment Ltd who recruit audit accountants for accountancy firms in London.
Audit Partner, Audit Manager, Audit Senior and Audit Semi Senior jobs can be found here
Looking for your next career move in Accountancy?
Looking to fill an Accountancy role?
Accountancy in London
Search for accountancy jobs in London, the buzzing capital of the UK
London is undoubtedly the hub of commerce in Great Britain and provides those looking for a new role with an exciting and varied way of life where you’ll never be short of things to do.
One of the most diverse cities in the UK, London comprises of the City of London and 32 boroughs surrounding it, all offering an attractive quality of living for candidates looking to further their careers with jobs in accountancy practice.
Ranked as one of the largest International Financial Centres in the world thanks to the founding of the London Stock Exchange in 1571, London’s financial epicentre is Canary Wharf but opportunities in practice are to be found throughout the entire region.
Outside of working hours London dwellers are spoiled for choice with a vast array of cultural destinations, some of the country’s most incredible culinary offerings, international sporting events and coveted shopping destinations such as Westfield, Harvey Nichols and Harrods to name but a few.
London boasts multiple international and national transport hubs and is uniquely positioned for the seasoned traveller. With 40% of the region’s square footage being made up of green space it’s also an excellent city to settle in to ensure a healthy way of life or to raise a family.
Why is Public Practice Recruitment Ltd the go-to recruiter for so many firms for Audit Jobs in London?
- Working with accountancy firms throughout London to recruit into audit accountant jobs we work with ACA and ACCA qualified auditors who wish to work with firms of accountants in London.
- Our accountancy firm clients in London provide audit services to companies as well as charity audits, SRA audits (solicitors rules audits), academy audits and company group audits to organisations requiring an audit in London.
Our audit recruitment in London knowledge for auditors at Public Practice Recruitment Ltd is regularly sought by auditors and accountancy firms in London and across Greater London who are looking to recruit audit accountants.
- If you are looking for an audit job in London contact us today.
- Audit jobs in accountancy public practices require ACA or ACCA qualifications. It is highly recommended for an audit accountant working in an accountancy firm to study towards their ACA or ACCA qualification.
- Some accountancy firms will accept qualified by experience auditors, as they have several years audit experience within a public practice accountancy firm. This would be despite not holding a professional accountancy qualification.
Latest Accountancy Jobs
Partner DesignatePartner Designate job in Lichfield Rare and exciting opportunity to secure partnership Job Alert! We are recruiting for an ACA or ACCA qualified accountant job for Partner Designates in Lichfield. As a leading accountancy firm, this is a superb opportunity to further your career. Depending on the candidate's career objectives you will have the ability to work at Partner levels. Suited towards a progressive accountant with many years or depending on the background a few years experience of general practice.Lichfield
Senior AccountantAre you looking for a Senior Accountant job in Bath? Are you a qualified accountant looking for a new challenge? Job Alert! This is an outstanding opportunity for a fully qualified accountant to work for an independent accountancy practice in Bath.Bath
Medical Partner DesignateMedical Partner Designate job in Bristol working for a progressive firm of accountants who can offer career progression to Equity Partner level. If you are an ACA/CA or ACCA qualified accountant with medical experience this could be the perfect job for you.Bristol
PartnerAccountancy Partner job in Bristol, Avon working for a leading accountancy practice. Our outstanding accountancy firm client is looking to recruit a high calibre Partner into their award-winning practice.Bristol
Partner DesignateAccountancy Partner Designate Job in Bristol, Avon working for a Top 50 firm of accountants. Our ideal Partner Designate should hold ACA or ACCA qualifications and have a high level of technical experience from working with a range of business structures and entities within a high calibre general accountancy practice.Bristol
Senior AccountantPublic Practice Recruitment Senior Accountant job in Stoke on Trent! Jobs for Senior Accountants in Stoke on Trent. At Public Practice Recruitment we find jobs for accountants in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire. We enjoy long-lasting relationships with most accountancy practices in Stoke on Trent and can help you.Stoke on Trent
Cloud Semi SeniorPublic Practice Recruitment Cloud Semi Senior job in Blackburn, Lancashire. The ideal Cloud Semi Senior should be AAT qualified, have Cloud experience and significant accountancy practice experience.Blackburn
Senior AccountantPublic Practice Recruitment Senior Accountant job in Bury, Greater Manchester working for a leading firm of accountants. The ideal Senior Accountant should be ACA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience and have significant experience of working within a general accountancy practice.Bury
Audit & Accounts Semi SeniorPublic Practice Recruitment Audit & Accounts Semi Senior job in Leeds, West Yorkshire working for a multi-faceted accountancy firm who has a superb track record in the delivery of excellence for both their staff and clients alike. As a leading accountancy firm based in Leeds this a brilliant opportunity to join one of the best accountancy firms in the City.Leeds
PartnerPublic Practice Recruitment Salaried Partner level job in Taunton, Somerset for an ambitious and career orientated ACA or ACCA qualified accountant. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are working with an established Taunton based accountancy firm to recruit a Partner into their progressive practice.Taunton
Candidates - a career in Accounts in London
To be successful in Accounts, you’ll need a good combination of interpersonal skills and a sharp eye for detail. You’ll also need to be reasonably computer literate.
As an Accounts Assistant
You’ll be providing admin support to accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as
- making phone calls
- handling mail
- basic bookkeeping
- helping to keep the office running smoothly
- dealing with customers and external agencies
Accounts assistants are usually expected to be in work during typical daytime office hours.
Working as part of a team within a business environment, you’ll be full or part-time and your contract could be permanent or temporary, depending on the specific vacancy you go for. You may have to travel too.
Take advantage of offers of training and you may find promotion opportunities come your way. The next step on the career ladder would be as …
The typical qualities of a successful Assistant Accountant include
- part-qualified AAT –
- excellent Excel skills
- the ability to be diplomatic and discrete
- a pro-active approach and the ability to focus on system and reporting improvements
- payroll experience
- experience in preparation of statutory and balance sheet accounts
Your duties might include
- monthly management account preparation
- production of profit and loss statements
- to complete and maintain sales invoices and reports
- accruals & prepayments
- assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts for review
- bank reconciliation, posting and balancing
- weekly wages, petty cash and other journal posting
- quarterly VAT return preparation
Accountants go through a rigorous qualification and recruitment process. Employers generally look for graduates and school leavers who are
- able to reflect on their own work, as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions
- genuinely interested in business and possess a degree of business acumen
- organised and can manage deadlines
- good in a team
- skilled communicators and have good interpersonal skills
- proficient in IT
- able to be analytical
- methodical in their approach and have proven problem-solving skills
- highly numerate
What exactly does an Accountant do?
An Accountant provides financial advice to clients. These clients could range from solo professionals to multinational organisations or any scale of business in between.
Accountants frequently specialise in specific areas of practice
- management consultancy
- forensic accountancy
- corporate finance
A general overview of the role of an Accountant
- preparing accounts and tax returns
- administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- auditing financial information
- compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
- analysing accounts and business plans
- providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- financial forecasting and risk analysis
- dealing with insolvency cases
- negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organisations
- meeting and interviewing clients
- managing colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
Accountant Jobs and Careers in London
with the London Accountancy Recruitment specialist
With our long-established track record of success, we’ll find the right Accountancy Job in London to match your career aspirations perfectly.
Our database holds thousands of accountancy candidates from throughout London. If we can’t find a suitable candidate amongst them, we’ll go out and recruit – secure in the knowledge that we’ll soon fill your Accountancy vacancy with a great candidate.
We’ve helped dozens of London Accountancy Practices to find the finest accountancy candidates. If your Practice has traditionally struggled to recruit accountants, we’ll soon help you to become the accountancy firm of choice in your corner of London.
Challenge us to find the perfect Accountancy Job in London for you.
See how we can find the perfect Accountancy candidate for your Practice.