Looking for an Accountancy Job in Leeds?
We only recruit for Accountants – the Accountancy Recruitment specialists.
Are you looking for an Accountancy Job in Leeds?
Or are you an Accountancy Firm with an Accountancy role to fill?
Each year we match hundreds of accountants with the perfect job in accounts.
We’re expert recruiters in both permanent accounts jobs and interim accounts jobs throughout Leeds.
Looking for your next career move in Accountancy?
Looking to fill an Accountancy role?
Accountancy Jobs in Leeds
A great career and a great place to live
Leeds is a city in the northern English county of Yorkshire. On the south bank of the River Aire, the Royal Armouries houses the national collection of arms and artillery. Across the river, the redeveloped industrial area around Call Lane is famed for bars and live music venues under converted railway arches. Leeds Kirkgate Market features hundreds of indoor and outdoor stalls.
Leeds is the largest city in the county of West Yorkshire.
Leeds was a small manorial borough in the 13th century, and in the 17th and 18th centuries it became a major centre for the production and trading of wool, and in the Industrial Revolution a major mill town; wool was still the dominant industry, but flax, engineering, iron foundries, printing, and other industries were also important. From being a market town in the valley of the River Aire in the 16th century, Leeds expanded and absorbed the surrounding villages to become a populous urban centre by the mid-20th century. It now lies within the West Yorkshire Urban Area, the United Kingdom’s fourth-most populous urban area, with a population of 2.6 million.
Leeds has the most diverse economy of all the UK’s main employment centres and has seen the fastest rate of private sector jobs growth of any UK city and has the highest ratio of public to private sector jobs of all the UK’s Core Cities. The city has the third-largest jobs total by local authority area with 480,000 in employment and self-employment at the beginning of 2015. 24.7% were in public administration, education and health, 23.9% were in banking, finance and insurance and 21.4% were in distribution, hotels and restaurants. It is in the banking, finance and insurance sectors that Leeds differs most from the financial structure of the region and the nation. In 2011, the financial and services industry in Leeds was worth £2.1 billion, the fifth-largest in the UK, behind London, Edinburgh, Manchester and Birmingham.
Leeds United FC is the city’s main football club
Why choose Public Practice Recruitment Ltd for Accountant Jobs in Leeds?
- We’re specialists recruiters, working exclusively for accountancy firms. We also help hundreds of accountants each year to find new accountancy jobs in Leeds.
- There are hundreds of Accountant Practices all over Leeds who work with Public Practice Recruitment Ltd. These Practices value our extraordinary ability to recruit the very best accountants for Leeds accountancy practices.
- We have both experience and know-how – 15 years of dedication to specialist recruiting for hundreds of Leeds accountants.
- Our enviable track record of achieving successful appointments is a measure of our commitment to providing accountants with the best possible support in attaining their career ambitions.
- The keys to our success are our efficiency and diligence. Our focused approach gives us every chance of matching the right accountancy skills with the right accountancy job at the right accountancy practice.
- Are you an accountant? Then we’ll leave no stone unturned to give you the best chance of achieving your long-term career goals.
- Do you have an Accountancy firm? We work with:
- Almost all of the UK’s top 100 firms of accountants
- the major regional accountancy practices
- the key sole office accountancy firms
- many vibrant start-up accountancy firms across the country
Latest Accountancy Jobs
Audit PartnerWe are delighted to be representing a rising star in contemporary accountancy in their search for an Audit Partner in London to join their modern team and head up the audit department for the firm’s portfolio of exciting start-up and tech-based clients. This opportunity will suit someone who is ACA, ACCA or CA qualified, with audit and high-level leadership experience within an accountancy practice. But more importantly, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving growth of this modern firm, so we’d be excited to hear about candidates with experience in the field of tech start-ups and venture capital backed businesses. Connections are key so you’ll be a first-class networker.London
Audit SeniorWe are delighted to be representing a rising star in contemporary accountancy in their search for an Audit Senior in London to join their modern team and support the Audit Manager with the provision of audit and some general accounting matters for a portfolio of exciting start-up and tech-based clients. This opportunity will suit someone who is ACA, ACCA, or CA qualified or a finalist, with audit experience within an accountancy practice. You will be able to effectively communicate technical matters in an easy-to-understand way for clients and an elevated level of attention to detail will also be essential for this role.London
Audit ManagerWe are delighted to be representing a rising star in contemporary accountancy in their search for an Audit Manager in London to join their modern team and oversee audit and some general accounting matters for a portfolio of exciting start-up and tech-based clients. This opportunity will suit someone who is ACA, ACCA or CA qualified, with audit experience within an accountancy practice. You will be able to effectively communicate technical matters in an easy-to-understand way for clients and an elevated level of attention to detail will also be essential for this role.London
Partner DesignatePublic Practice Recruitment Ltd are delighted to be representing a well-established and firm tasked with filling a Partner Designate Job in Huntingdon. As such, we are inviting any high calibre ACCA/ACA or CA qualified accountants with significant practice experience specifically in the agricultural sector to get in touch for a 100% confidential discussion.Huntingdon
Audit SeniorDue to the growth of their thriving firm, our client is recruiting into an Audit Senior Job in Blackburn. If you’re a talented Semi Senior with experience in audit seeking career progression, or an established Audit Senior looking for your next career step this role could be perfectly aligned to your career and we’d warmly invite you to get in touch today for a confidential discussion.Blackburn
Audit SeniorDue to the growth of their thriving firm, our client is recruiting into an Audit Senior Job in Bury. If you’re a talented Semi Senior with experience in audit seeking career progression, or an established Audit Senior looking for your next career step this role could be perfectly aligned to your career and we’d warmly invite you to get in touch today for a confidential discussion.Bury
Tax DirectorThis leading accountancy firm is looking for a talented Tax Director to join their thriving and diverse team in Maidenhead. The successful candidate will be CTA qualified with demonstrable experience of tax and leadership. Once appointed, they will become a valued, senior member of the team and will oversee the tax function, advising on and developing all tax matters with a bias towards corporate tax.Maidenhead
Senior Tax ManagerThis leading independent accountancy firm is looking for an exceptional Senior Tax Manager to join their team in London to oversee the tax department, offer compliance and advisory services for personal and corporate clients and to support the junior team. What are we looking for? You’ll be CTA and/or ACCA/ACA/CA qualified with several years' experience at a senior level in a tax team, managing workflow and ensuring deadlines are met.London
PartnerAre you an experienced Partner looking for your next challenge as part of a leading firm of accountants? If so, this exciting Partner job in Weybridge could be for you. This is a key role in the practice and will suit a proactive professional of an exceptional ilk.Weybridge
Corporate Finance ManagerThis leading Corporate Finance Boutique in Leicester is looking for a Corporate Finance Manager to join their team. Joining as part of the senior management team you will work across a varying portfolio of clients and support with business growth. Are you experienced in advisory, corporate finance or transaction services looking for your next challenge?Leicester
Candidates - a career in Accounts
To succeed in Accounts, you need a healthy mix of interpersonal skills and an acute eye for detail. You also need to be reasonably computer literate.
As an Accounts Assistant
You’ll be providing admin support to accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as
- making phone calls
- handling mail
- basic bookkeeping
- helping to keep the office running smoothly
- dealing with customers and external agencies
Accounts assistants are usually expected to be in work during typical daytime office hours.
Working as part of a team within a business environment, you’ll be full or part-time and your contract could be permanent or temporary, depending on the specific vacancy you go for. You may have to travel too.
Take advantage of offers of training and you may find promotion opportunities come your way. The next step on the career ladder would be as …
The typical qualities of a successful Assistant Accountant include
- part-qualified AAT –
- excellent Excel skills
- the ability to be diplomatic and discrete
- a pro-active approach and the ability to focus on system and reporting improvements
- payroll experience
- experience in preparation of statutory and balance sheet accounts
Your duties might include
- monthly management account preparation
- production of profit and loss statements
- to complete and maintain sales invoices and reports
- accruals & prepayments
- assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts for review
- bank reconciliation, posting and balancing
- weekly wages, petty cash and other journal posting
- quarterly VAT return preparation
Accountants go through a rigorous qualification and recruitment process. Employers generally look for graduates and school leavers who are
- able to reflect on their own work, as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions
- genuinely interested in business and possess a degree of business acumen
- organised and can manage deadlines
- good in a team
- skilled communicators and have good interpersonal skills
- proficient in IT
- able to be analytical
- methodical in their approach and have proven problem-solving skills
- highly numerate
What exactly does an Accountant do?
An Accountant provides financial advice to clients. These clients could range from solo professionals to multinational organisations or any scale of business in between.
Accountants frequently specialise in specific areas of practice
- management consultancy
- forensic accountancy
- corporate finance
A general overview of the role of an Accountant
- preparing accounts and tax returns
- administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- auditing financial information
- compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
- analysing accounts and business plans
- providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- financial forecasting and risk analysis
- dealing with insolvency cases
- negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organisations
- meeting and interviewing clients
- managing colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
Accountant Jobs and Careers in Leeds
With our proven track record, we’ll find the right Accountancy Job in Leeds to match your career aspirations.
We have thousands of accountancy candidates on our database throughout Leeds. In the unlikely event that an ideal candidate isn’t amongst them, we’ll go out and recruit – fully confident that we’ll quickly fill your Accountancy vacancy with a great candidate.
We’ve helped dozens of Leeds accountancy firms to source the very best accountancy candidates. Where firms have traditionally struggled to recruit accountants, we’ve soon helped them to become the accountancy firm of choice in their area.
Challenge us to find the perfect Accountancy Job in the Leeds for you.
See how we can find the perfect Accountancy candidate for your firm.