Looking for an Accountancy Job in Bournemouth?
We only recruit for Accountants – the Accountancy Recruitment specialists.
Are you looking for an Accountancy Job in Bournemouth?
Or are you an Accountancy Firm with an Accountancy role to fill?
Each year we match hundreds of accountants with the perfect job in accounts.
We’re expert recruiters in both permanent accounts jobs and interim accounts jobs throughout Bournemouth.
Looking for your next career move in Accountancy?
Looking to fill an Accountancy role?
Accountancy in Bournemouth
Bournemouth is an excellent location to begin your search for an accountancy job
Bournemouth is a coastal town located on the south coast of England.
Bournemouth has had substantial investment in recent years and makes a fantastic location to live and work. Bournemouth boasts beautiful sandy beaches holding blue flag award and has elegant Victorian architecture and three stunning grade I listed churches. The town also has excellent shopping and a thriving nightlife scene that has given it purple flag status. The town has a reputation for its excellent festivals, including the Bournemouth Air Festival and the Arts by the Sea Festival. Sports fans can enjoy a range of football, rugby, cricket, darts, rowing, and the third largest community of surfers in the UK.
Bournemouth’s economy is primarily service-based with a financial sector worth more than £1,000 million in gross value added and is a regional centre of business with Bournemouth International Centre. Major employers in the area include JP Morgan, Nationwide Building Society and Tata Consultancy Service.
Bournemouth is well served by excellent rail links its own airport, and Poole Seaport giving access to Jersey and France.
Bournemouth is a fantastic area to pursue an accountancy job.
Why choose Public Practice Recruitment Ltd for Accountant Jobs in Bournemouth?
- We’re specialists recruiters, working exclusively for accountancy firms. We also help hundreds of accountants each year to find new accountancy jobs in Bournemouth.
- There are thousands of Accountant Practices all over Norfolk who work with Public Practice Recruitment Ltd. These Practices value our extraordinary ability to recruit the very best accountants for Bournemouth accountancy practices.
- We have both experience and know-how – 15 years of dedication to specialist recruiting for hundreds of Bournemouth accountants.
- Our enviable track record of achieving successful appointments is a measure of our commitment to providing accountants with the best possible support in attaining their career ambitions.
- The keys to our success are our efficiency and diligence. Our focused approach gives us every chance of matching the right accountancy skills with the right accountancy job at the right accountancy practice.
- Are you an accountant? Then we’ll leave no stone unturned to give you the best chance of achieving your long-term career goals.
- Do you have an Accountancy firm? We work with:
- Almost all of the UK’s top 100 firms of accountants
- the major regional accountancy practices
- the key sole office accountancy firms
- many vibrant start-up accountancy firms across the country
Latest Accountancy Jobs
Corporate Finance PartnerAre you an experienced Corporate Finance Partner or Corporate Finance Manager seeking your next career step to lead the corporate finance offering for a leading accountancy firm? Is your current employer not delivering on promises and expectations or lacking the foresight to meet your ambitions as a Corporate Finance professional? If you are looking to work for a business that will value your accountancy experience and technical proficiency, this Corporate Finance Partner role could be for you.Worcester
Tax SeniorAre you an experienced tax professional looking for a career move to become a Tax Senior within a multi-office, multi-partner accountancy firm? Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that will value and reward your knowledge and promote a work/life balance? If so, this Tax Senior role within a supportive and forward-thinking practice in Guildford could be for you. ACA, ACCA or CA qualified, you will ideally also be CTA qualified or CTA finalist. You must be an out-and-out tax professional and have a minimum of three years of demonstrable accountancy practice experience.Guildford
Semi Senior AccountantAre you a Semi Senior Accountant looking to work with a firm that will value your expertise? Are you a Junior Accountant looking to work for a firm of accountants that will support your professional development? Then this accountancy practice in Birmingham could be for you. ACA, CA or ACCA qualified, you’ll ideally have a minimum of two years of experience within an accountancy practice.Birmingham
Audit PartnerAre you a technically excellent Audit Manager or Audit Partner Designate seeking the next step in your career? Are you an Audit Partner Designate or Audit Partner looking to work for a firm of accountants that will view your technical proficiency as invaluable and support a work/life balance? If so, this Audit Partner role within this multi-partner accountancy firm in London could be for you. Ideally, you’ll have RI status and be ACA, ACCA, or CA qualified and with a demonstrable background and experience in planning and completing audits for a varied range of clients.London
Tax ManagerAre you an experienced tax professional looking for a career move to become a Tax Manager within an independent, full-service accountancy firm? Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that will value and reward your knowledge and promote a work/life balance? If so, this Tax Manager role within a supportive and forward-thinking practice in London could be for you. ATT or CTA qualified, you will be an out-and-out tax professional and have at least five years of demonstrable accountancy practice experience.London
Semi Senior AccountantAre you a Semi Senior Accountant looking to work with a high-profile accountancy firm that will value your expertise? Are you a Junior Accountant looking to work for a firm of accountants that will provide learning programmes within a positive and supportive environment? If so, this leading accountancy practice in London could be for you. Studying towards your ACA or ACCA qualification or already qualified, you’ll ideally be AAT qualified with a minimum of two years of experience within an accountancy practice.London
Interim Audit ManagerAre you an experienced Auditor or Audit Manager seeking your next contract role with an independent and established accountancy firm? Are you looking for a six month audit interim job? Are you looking to work for a firm of accountants that will view your technical proficiency within audit and accounts as invaluable? If so, this interim Audit Manager role within a supportive accountancy firm in Plymouth could be for you.Plymouth
Audit & Accounts SeniorAre you an experienced Audit Senior seeking your next challenge with an established accountancy firm? Or an aspirational Semi-Senior looking to step into a more senior audit focussed role? Are you looking to work for a firm of accountants that will view your technical proficiency within audit and accounts as invaluable? If so, this Audit & Accounts Senior role within a supportive accountancy firm in Leeds could be for you. You’ll be ACCA or ACA qualified with at least five years of accountancy practice experience and be passionate about using your audit skills to help clients. You’ll need excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly build relationships with clients -- always aiming to deliver excellent customer service.Leeds
Junior AccountantAre you an ambitious Junior Accountant looking to progress your career in accountancy with a supportive firm where you’ll get the opportunity to work closely with Partners? Are you looking to work for a firm of accountants that will value your hard work and support your study? If so, this Junior Accountant role within a friendly, independent accountancy firm in Leeds could be for you. AAT qualified with a minimum of two years of practice experience; you’ll also have the drive and ambition to continue your personal and professional development.Leeds
Tax SeniorAre you an experienced tax professional looking for a career move to become a Tax Senior within a multi-office, multi-partner accountancy firm? Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that will value and reward your knowledge and promote a work/life balance? If so, this Tax Senior role within a supportive and forward-thinking practice in St Albans could be for you. ACA, ACCA, CA, or CTA qualified, you will be an out-and-out tax professional and have demonstrable accountancy practice experience.St Albans
Candidates - a career in Accounts
To succeed in Accounts, you need a healthy mix of interpersonal skills and an acute eye for detail. You also need to be reasonably computer literate.
As an Accounts Assistant
You’ll be providing admin support to accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as
- making phone calls
- handling mail
- basic bookkeeping
- helping to keep the office running smoothly
- dealing with customers and external agencies
Accounts assistants are usually expected to be in work during typical daytime office hours.
Working as part of a team within a business environment, you’ll be full or part-time and your contract could be permanent or temporary, depending on the specific vacancy you go for. You may have to travel too.
Take advantage of offers of training and you may find promotion opportunities come your way. The next step on the career ladder would be as …
The typical qualities of a successful Assistant Accountant include
- part-qualified AAT –
- excellent Excel skills
- the ability to be diplomatic and discrete
- a pro-active approach and the ability to focus on system and reporting improvements
- payroll experience
- experience in preparation of statutory and balance sheet accounts
Your duties might include
- monthly management account preparation
- production of profit and loss statements
- to complete and maintain sales invoices and reports
- accruals & prepayments
- assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts for review
- bank reconciliation, posting and balancing
- weekly wages, petty cash and other journal posting
- quarterly VAT return preparation
Accountants go through a rigorous qualification and recruitment process. Employers generally look for graduates and school leavers who are
- able to reflect on their own work, as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions
- genuinely interested in business and possess a degree of business acumen
- organised and can manage deadlines
- good in a team
- skilled communicators and have good interpersonal skills
- proficient in IT
- able to be analytical
- methodical in their approach and have proven problem-solving skills
- highly numerate
What exactly does an Accountant do?
An Accountant provides financial advice to clients. These clients could range from solo professionals to multinational organisations or any scale of business in between.
Accountants frequently specialise in specific areas of practice
- management consultancy
- forensic accountancy
- corporate finance
A general overview of the role of an Accountant
- preparing accounts and tax returns
- administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- auditing financial information
- compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
- analysing accounts and business plans
- providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- financial forecasting and risk analysis
- dealing with insolvency cases
- negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organisations
- meeting and interviewing clients
- managing colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
Accountant Jobs and Careers in Bournemouth
With our proven track record, we’ll find the right Accountancy Job in Bournemouth to match your career aspirations.
We have thousands of accountancy candidates on our database throughout Bournemouth. In the unlikely event that an ideal candidate isn’t amongst them, we’ll go out and recruit – fully confident that we’ll quickly fill your Accountancy vacancy with a great candidate.
We’ve helped dozens of Bournemouth accountancy firms to source the very best accountancy candidates. Where firms have traditionally struggled to recruit accountants, we’ve soon helped them to become the accountancy firm of choice in their area.
Challenge us to find the perfect Accountancy Job in the Bournemouth for you.
See how we can find the perfect Accountancy candidate for your firm.