VAT Manager Job Vacancy
Are you an experienced tax professional looking for your next career step to become a VAT Manager within a successful accountancy firm?
Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that will value and reward your knowledge and promote a work/life balance? If so, this VAT Manager job in Watford could be for you.
CTA, ACA, or ACCA qualified, or equivalent, you will be an experienced tax professional, with strong knowledge of corporate VAT issues, and at least two years of accountancy practice experience.
You must demonstrate excellent advisory and communication skills, and you’ll need to always promote and strive for customer service excellence. You’ll also be a self-starter who is motivated to see projects through to completion in a timely manner.
- Work with clients to minimise VAT liabilities, support with compliance issues and give tax planning advice.
- Preparation of VAT Returns and other VAT matters for an extensive client base.
- Provide expert knowledge for clients, advising on both reactive and proactive actions.
- Communicate VAT laws in an easy-to-understand way for clients, providing clear strategies.
- Build trusted relationships with clients, confidently representing the firm to a high standard.
- Confidently work with senior team members to attract new business opportunities to grow the firm’s VAT client portfolio, including networking events.
- Scope potential risks and develop actionable solutions.
About the Firm
This leading accountancy firm has a proactive approach to providing tailored expert advice to an impressive client portfolio.
Lead by strong team values, this firm is looking for a likeminded professional who will be a key member of the tax team.
Recognised as a reputable firm, the right candidate will benefit from working with a knowledgeable and experienced team that strives to go above and beyond client expectations.
What’s on offer?
- £65,000 – £75,000, dependent on experience
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Pension scheme.
- Private medical care.
- Death in Service plan.
- Christmas bonus.
- Professional development opportunities.
What we’re looking for
- CTA, ACA or ACCA qualified, or equivalent.
- A good understanding of VAT issues, and knowledge of ROW matters.
- At least two years of accountancy practice experience.
- Technically minded with a strong attention to detail.
- Team player who can communicate across many disciplines, for both staff and clients.
- Ability to manage resource and constructively support the team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Good working under pressure with the ability to remain focused on meeting tight deadlines.
Not interested in this role? Try searching for other VAT Manager jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Watford and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.