Full-time (flexible working) Tax Senior Job Vacancy
Are you building your knowledge of tax and would like to expand your expertise? Are you looking for a career move to become a Tax Senior within a progressive and supportive, top 40 accountancy firm?
Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that will value and reward your knowledge? If so, this Tax Senior role within an established and growing practice in Northampton could be for you.
You won’t need to hold a tax qualification (although that is welcome), but you will need the passion to become an out-and-out tax professional and have four years’ tax experience within a practice.
Acting in a compliance and advisory capacity, you’ll be the first point of contact for clients and team members regarding personal and corporate tax, so you’ll need to be a strong communicator and networker.
You’ll also need to be technically strong with close attention to detail and have a can-do attitude to problem-solving; you’ll be a self-starter who is motivated to see projects through to completion in a timely manner.
You’ll strive for excellence, continued development, and improvement; you’ll be able to identify tax planning and tax investigation issues and feel confident escalating any concern.
This progressive firm of accountants in Northampton offers a supportive environment and excellent career progression opportunities.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate and personal clients in a wide variety of tax specific areas, including tax planning, reviews, returns, reporting, and compliance — aiming for customer service excellence.
- Willing to learn more about and support tax projects, including R & D tax credits, employee share schemes, M & A, restructures and demergers, stamp duty, and border tax.
- Work alongside the Tax Manager to seek opportunities (maximising income) and innovate for clients by tax planning and adding value.
- Build and retain relationships with clients.
- Be the first point of contact for your portfolio of clients, offering advice, whether reactive or proactive as required — getting to know their business challenges and opportunities.
- Assist in training more junior team members.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
This forward-thinking, top 40 accountancy practice is experiencing significant growth and is looking to strengthen its taxation team by appointment of this Tax Senior position.
This position within this well-respected business represents an excellent opportunity for career progression with a firm that truly values its team members and is an exciting and supportive place to work.
Benefits As A Tax Senior
- Salary £35,000 to £40,000.
- Flexible working.
- Commission scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Life insurance.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme.
- Subscription fee support.
- Training and study support.
- Demonstrable experience of working within personal and corporate taxation and tax compliance. Tax qualification desirable but not essential.
- Fours years’ experience in a tax compliance or tax advisory position.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an advisory, client-facing role.
- Excellent and effective communication skills and the ability to provide proactive advice to clients in both written and verbal formats.
- A team player that encourages and motivates others.
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving with the ability to think on your feet.
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce work in a timely manner and encourage excellence in others.
- A creative and analytical thinker.
- Close attention to detail.
- Ambitious and career-oriented.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs every day and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.