Tax Senior Job Vacancy
We’re delighted to be searching for a talented Tax Senior to join a thriving firm of accountants in Plymouth, Devon.
Perhaps you’re already working at a senior level in tax compliance and/or advisory and are looking for a new challenge. Or maybe you’re currently working as a Semi Senior or Senior Accountant in general accounting but would like the challenge of focusing on the field of tax? If either of these apply, we’d be delighted to receive your CV and set up a confidential call.
You’ll be ATT qualified, with ambitions to complete your CTA qualification, you may already have worked in a taxation-related role and have at least three years of demonstrable accountancy practice experience.
Undertaking both tax compliance and tax advisory work , you will work in support of the Tax Managers and will enjoy significant levels of client contact. You will also assist the accounts team with tax related matters.
Having good communication and interpersonal skills are an essential part of this role. are
You will also need to be technically strong with close attention to detail and have a can-do attitude to problem-solving; you’ll be a self-starter who is motivated to see projects through to completion in a timely manner.
You will be a proven and effective team member that strives for continued development and improvement.
What are we looking for?
- ATT qualified or CTA studier.
- Demonstrable experience of working in tax within an accountancy practice (ideally three years or more).
- Experience of communicating and providing excellent service to clients.
- Technically proficient with a strong working knowledge of both business and personal tax.
- Ideally experience and expertise within a tax compliance and tax advisory capacity.
- An appetite to proactively grow the and be involved with strategic and marketing processes in line with this goal.
- The foresight and confidence to provide proactive advice to clients and discuss opportunities with Partners.
- A strong team member and team player that encourages and motivates others.
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce work in a timely manner.
- A good relationship builder with an interest in business development.
- To assist in providing tax services to the clients of a leading accountancy firm in Plymouth, Devon.
- Working in support of the Tax Managers and Partners and assist with the , management of a portfolio of corporate and personal clients from both a tax compliance and tax advisory perspective.
- Reviewing and preparing personal tax and corporation tax computations.
- Working in support of the Managers and Partners in advising HNWIs on tax planning opportunities.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure that clients receive the benefit of all business services.
About the Employer
This modern accountancy firm is based in Plymouth, Devon, an area which we know offers accountants a brilliant quality of life.
The accountancy firm is thriving as both an employer and a business.
The practice endeavours to offer a fun, vibrant and supportive place to work and is committed to the personal development of its team. They offer a package of study support and a hybrid flexible working solution that allows staff to find the perfect balance between home and office work.
They have a varied and growing portfolio of loyal clients and as such need to further enhance their team of valued accountants. The reward package on offer to the right accountant is first class.
What’s on offer?
- £30,000 – £35,000 per annum.
- Full time, permanent role.
- Hybrid working.
- Study support.
- A pathway to internal progression.
- Generous pension and holiday allowance.
- A brilliant staff culture.
Not interested in this role, but want to see what else we’re advertising? Then you can search for plenty of other Tax Senior jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new accountancy jobs across the UK and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.