Tax Senior Job Vacancy
A well-established accounting firm in Brentwood is currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Tax Senior to join their dynamic team and we are delighted to be supporting them in their search.
Committed to delivering top-notch tax services, this firm provides a supportive and collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth and the successful candidate will play a key role in providing high-quality tax services to a diverse client base, with a focus on compliance and advisory work.
The focus of this role is personal tax, though mixed tax experience will be beneficial. You’ll likely be ATT, CTA, ACCA or ACA qualified or a finalist and you’ll have a great personality to bring to the team.
This firm values outstanding communication, professional integrity and team work, so you’ll be able to demonstrate experience of making an impact to the tax department of a previous employer and to showcase technical expertise in which their clients can place their trust.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a tax accountant looking to enhance their career in practice and we invite you to apply without delay if you think you fulfill the relevant criteria.
- Support a varied (but predominantly personal) tax portfolio, working closely with senior team members to ensure service excellence is delivered across the portfolio.
- Strengthen your commercial understanding, supporting with aspects of portfolio management including fee forecasting and WIP reporting.
- Prepare corporate and personal tax computations with minimal input from management.
- Prepare tax submissions with minimal input from management.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns with minimal input from management.
- Support junior staff with learning and development, identifying and plugging knowledge gaps.
- Build good rapport with clients, proactively handling queries and escalating to senior team members where necessary.
- Support the firm’s growth by assisting with target setting, department budgeting, and identifying services that will add value to the firm’s portfolio.
- Keep up to date with taxation news and legislation.
- Champion your own professional development, undertaking regular training opportunities.
About This Firm
Our client is a is a well-established and reputable firm committed to providing exceptional financial and advisory services. As an employer, they take pride in cultivating an inclusive and collaborative work environment where every team member is valued and empowered to reach their full potential.
This firm also provides ongoing training, mentorship programs, and opportunities for further education to ensure that their employees stay at the forefront of tax and accounting developments.
What’s On Offer
- £35,000 to £45,000 per annum
- Full time, permanent position
- Continued professional development
- Enhanced company pension
- Generous annual leave
- Open and inclusive culture
- ACA, ACCA, CTA or ATT qualified or studying with previous tax experience within practice.
- At least two years of practice experience within personal (and ideally mixed) taxation.
- Strong communication skills are essential, both verbal and written.
- Ability to nurture trusted relationships with clients and third parties.
- Highly organised and able to manage own workload.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- A drive to deliver technical knowledge as a point of call for the team.
- Confident in reviewing processes and improving systems to boost efficiency.
- An eagerness to progress with the firm, undertaking continuous professional development.
Not interested in this role, but want to see what else we’re advertising? Then you can search for plenty of other Tax Senior jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 0333 577 7787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Brentwood and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 0333 577 7787 or upload your CV here.