Tax Manager Job in Southend-on-Sea.
Our accountancy firm client is based in the Southend area and has offices throughout Essex and further afield.
Having experienced a considerable amount of growth, a new and exciting position has been created for a Tax Manager to manage a personal Tax team and act as the first point of contact to a varied portfolio of UK-based and offshore clients.
The Tax Manager will take the lead in managing the delivery of tax advice, tax planning, and other special tax assignments. The Tax Manager will also oversee compliance and advisory work.
The Tax Managers responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Regional Tax Partner to manage the Southend Tax team
- Assisting with leading the planning and delivery of private client tax services
- Develop strong working relationships with allocated clients through assignments and regular contact
- Undertake specialist assignments
- Prepare tax returns, computations and support the Office by highlighting any possible issues and producing appropriate information.
- Resolve tax issues and produce complete tax files.
- Undertake reviews of returns and correspondence
- Provide feedback to team members following assignments
- Review assignments that are undertaken by the private client team
- Introduce additional support or services appropriate to clients’ needs
- Meeting new clients and helping to grow the tax services offered
- To review topical tax matters and advise to appropriate clients
- Supervise, delegate, monitor and review work of more junior staff
- Monitor time against budget / fixed fee agreement
- To be involved in supervision, training and development of the team
Previous experience of leading and managing a demanding tax department within a public practice environment whilst being involved with both corporate and personal tax issues is essential. Ideal candidates will be CTA qualified, holding ACA or ACCA will also strengthen an applicant’s suitability.
Tax Manager job in Southend-on-Sea is ideal for a Tax Senior who is looking for their first Senior Accountant job or an existing Tax Manager who is looking to join an accountancy firm where they can reach their full potential and ultimately have opportunities to progress to a Tax Manager job in Southend-on-Sea.
This job will be perfect for an experienced Tax Senior wanting to take the next step in their career or a current Tax Manager who would like exposure to a larger range of UK-based and overseas clients.
To find out about more Tax jobs within public practice in the Southend or wider Essex area please contact us today. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment, with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT, Employment Tax and Finance.