Tax Manager (Personal) Accountant Job Vacancy
Calling all accountants ready to start working with a firm that is on the cusp of massive and exciting growth in the East of England! We have a plethora of opportunities to share with you including this Tax Manager job in Newark.
There is a requirement for some in office working and the office you’ll work on is newly built, open plan, wonderfully modern and has free parking) but this firm’s policy is that hybrid working is available and the ratio of home to office working is flexible and can work around the post holder, the needs of their clients and colleagues and the diary of any give week – a truly refreshing approach!
This firm is seeking go-getters; confident and ambitious accountants who want to be part of something exciting and to work for a UK Top 50 firm who have serious aspirations for the future. You’ll likely have your CTA qualification or working towards it or you may be qualified by extensive personal tax experience. You will be adept at overseeing a busy, varied and interesting personal tax portfolio, be a first-class problem solver and you’ll be a well respected leader of people who clients enjoy working alongside.
Sounds great doesn’t it? You’ll want to act quickly to make this opportunity yours so reach out to our friendly team of recruitment consultants today or apply directly online.
- Managing a personal tax portfolio, monitoring all commercial aspects of portfolio management.
- Preparation and review of personal tax computations and returns.
- Offering personal tax advice.
- Drafting financial statements.
- Inheritance tax.
- Capital gains tax.
- Domiciliary tax.
- Reviewing work completed by junior team members with constructive feedback.
- Leading liaison with HMRC, including preparing letters for senior review and reviewing letters prepared by junior staff.
- Building trusted client relationships, handling queries and problem solving.
- Dealing with compliance work, including payment advice letters.
- Working closely across departments, such as audit to obtain relevant information.
- Monitoring the commercial aspects of portfolio management, ensuring deadlines and fee recovery targets are met.
- Keeping up-to-date with tax knowledge, championing knowledge sharing across the team.
- Delegating work to and managing junior staff, overseeing workflow and quality control.
- Business development.
About This Firm
A growing, regional and multi-office firm that features in the UK Top 50 list, the benefits and inclusive approach on offer with this firm are amongst the best we’ve seen. Priding themselves on ensuring they have an excellent skill mix and an agile and cohesive workforce, this firm enjoys low level of staff turnover and great client satisfaction.
The benefits on offer are extensive showcasing a generous and employee-centric culture. A truly modern employer that will offer a Tax Manager in Newark a very bright future indeed.
What’s On Offer
- £50,000 to £70,000 per annum
- Full time, permanent position
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Life assurance
- Continued professional development and study support
- Enhanced Company pension
- Generous annual leave
- Open and inclusive culture
- Enhanced statutory pay
- Employee and client referral bonus scheme
- Corporate and social responsibility initiatives
- Team incentives
- Discretionary bonuses
- CTA or ATT qualified or QBE.
- UK practice experience.
- Previous experience nurturing client relationships within practice.
- Significant personal tax compliance and advisory services.
- Supervisory level experience
- Good basic knowledge across accountancy services.
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving.
- Self-motivated and able to manage your own deadlines and workflow and that of others.
- Excellent communication and attention to detail.
- Commercial acumen and creative ideas for new processes and growth.
Not interested in this role, but want to see what else we’re advertising? Then you can search for plenty of other Tax Manager jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 0333 577 7787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Newark and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 0333 577 7787 or upload your CV here.