Full-time Tax Senior Job Vacancy
Are you an experienced tax professional looking for a career move to become a Tax Senior within a multi-office, multi-partner accountancy firm?
Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that will value and reward your knowledge and promote a work/life balance? If so, this Tax Senior role within a supportive and forward-thinking practice in Guildford could be for you.
ACA, ACCA or CA qualified, you will ideally also be CTA qualified or CTA finalist. You must be an out-and-out tax professional and have a minimum of three years of demonstrable accountancy practice experience.
Ideally, with excellent working knowledge of Alphatax or CCH Corporation Tax and Document Filing, you’ll be the go-to for compliance and tax advice for this firm — the main point of contact for your own client portfolio in addition to providing support for team members with tax-related matters.
Excellent advisory and communication skills are a must for this role, and you’ll need to promote and strive for customer service excellence at all times.
With excellent technical skills and close attention to detail, you’ll have a can-do attitude to problem-solving.
You’ll be a self-starter who is motivated to see projects through to completion in a timely manner.
You’ll strive for excellence, continued development, and improvement; you’ll be able to identify tax planning and tax investigation issues and feel confident communicating and escalating them as required.
This progressive firm of accountants in Guildford offers a supportive environment and excellent career progression opportunities.
- Assisting in leading the tax offering to clients.
- Assist in managing a portfolio of clients in a wide variety of tax specific areas, including tax compliance, reviews, returns, reporting, and planning — aiming for customer service excellence.
- Assist with ad-hoc taxation projects as and when required.
- Work alongside the Partners to seek opportunities (maximising income) and innovate for clients by tax planning and adding value.
- Build and retain relationships with clients.
- Be the first point of contact for your portfolio of clients, offering advice, whether reactive or proactive as required — getting to know their business challenges and opportunities.
- Assist in training other team members.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
This multi-office, multi-partner accountancy practice has a forward-thinking and employee-centric approach.
Dynamic and progressive, this organisation is a multi-discipline and full-service accountancy and business advisory provider. This company has an impressive and diverse client portfolio of reputable businesses and organisations.
This growing firm has experienced significant year on year success and is therefore looking to strengthen its team by appointment of this Tax Senior position.
A recognised employer of choice, this modern firm is renowned for developing and promoting from within.
Benefits As A Tax Senior
- Salary £38,000 to £43,000.
- Generous holiday allowance with flexible options.
- Flexitime working option.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Employee healthcare scheme
- Positive, proactive and supportive culture.
- Learning & development programmes.
- Season ticket loan scheme.
- Paid charity days.
- ACCA, ACA, CA qualified.
- CTA qualified or finalist.
- Good working knowledge of Alphatax or CCH tax systems.
- A minimum of three years of demonstrable experience working within an accountancy practice.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a tax advisory, client-facing role.
- Excellent and effective communication skills and the ability to provide proactive advice to clients in written and verbal formats.
- A team player that encourages and motivates others.
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving with the ability to think on your feet.
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce work in a timely manner and encourage excellence in others.
- A creative and analytical thinker.
- Close attention to detail.
- Ambitious and career-oriented.
Not interested in this role? Try searching for other tax jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Guildford and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.