Let’s start with a Christmas story
Once upon a time, there was an ambassador – the British ambassador to Brazil. It was Christmas and the local newspaper was running a feature on Christmas gifts. It interviewed ambassadors from around the world, asking for one Christmas gift wish. Our man in Rio decided against asking for his true desire – a brand new £3,000 set of golf clubs, complete with electric trolley and cashmere wool club-head covers. He knew that the correct, politically appropriate response was to request something more modest. In its Christmas edition, the newspaper published its findings –
“We asked the ambassadors to our country what they would like for Christmas. The French ambassador asked for world peace, the Canadian ambassador requested a cure for cancer, the French ambassador wanted an end to starvation. The British ambassador would like a small box of chocolates.”
So, without worrying about being humble and modest, we’ve been speculating as to what accountants really want to find in this year’s Christmas stocking –
- Complete, clear and comprehensive client tax return information to drop down the chimney before New Year.
- A letter from HMRC confirming that, as a ‘thank you’ for getting my clients’ tax-returns in on time, they will waive my own tax bill.
- To be no. 1 on Google, when anyone anywhere in the world searches for the word ‘accountant’.
- Every client to refer one new client – without needing a nudge.
- For the government to pass a law declaring that all businesses and tax payers must use a qualified accountant to file their returns.
- For all clients to pay me in full, on time and by bank transfer – no more cheques!
- To have my sanity saved by a low-cost fully-functioning, flexible, fully integrated, easy-to-use CRM system
- Clients who fail to respond promptly to my reasonable requests for information to be publicly flogged.
- To lose just a couple of clients a year, because they say I’m too expensive. This means I’ve got my pricing spot-on.
- No more top-ten lists like this one.
All of us at Public Practice Recruitment Ltd hope you receive everything that’s on your Christmas wish-list. We’ve had a terrific year. We hope you have too. We also wish you a peaceful and joyful Christmas and New Year break!
Telephone – 0333 577 7787
Or complete our submission form.