Senior Tax Manager job in Hertford.
Our accountancy firm client is based in the Hertford area and has offices throughout Hertfordshire and beyond.
Having experienced a considerable amount of sustained growth a new and exciting position has been created for a Senior Tax Manager to manage a personal Tax team and a varied portfolio of clients, both UK-based and offshore. The Senior Tax Manager will take charge of managing the delivery of tax advice, tax planning, and other special tax assignments. The Senior Tax Manager will oversee compliance and advisory work in Capital Gains Tax, Income Tax, Inheritance Tax, Trusts and Estates as well as Overseas Taxation.
This Senior Tax Manager job in Hertford responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Regional Tax Partner to manage the Tax team effectively
- Assisting with leading the planning and delivery of private client tax services with the Tax Partners
- Preparation of tax returns, computations and highlight any possible issues and produce appropriate information
- Review assignments undertaken within the private client team
- Preparation and review of tax accounting disclosures in company accounts
- Tax audit review work
- Business tax advisory and tax planning
- Assisting others in the tax team and the wider firm with any tax queries
- Developing client relationships to become the first point of contact
- Meeting new clients and helping to grow the tax services offered
- To review topical tax matters and advise to appropriate clients
- Supervise, delegate, monitor and review work of more junior staff
Previous experience of leading and managing a demanding tax department within a public practice environment whilst being involved with both corporate and personal tax issues is essential. Ideal candidates will be CTA qualified, holding ACA or ACCA will strengthen an applicant’s suitability.
This Senior Tax Manager job in Hertford is ideal for a Tax Senior who is looking for their first Tax Manager job or an existing Tax Manager who is looking to join an accountancy firm where they can reach their full potential and ultimately have opportunities to progress to a Tax Partner job in Hertford.
This job will be perfect for an experienced Tax Manager wanting to take the next step in their career or a current Senior Tax Manager who would like exposure to a larger range of more complex clients.
To find out about more Tax jobs within public practice in the Hertford or wider Hertfordshire area please contact us today. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment, with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT, Employment Tax and Finance.