Our client, a multi-partnered, multi-office, Stevenage-based firm of accountants are looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA qualified Senior Accountant/Client Manager who will be working in a 70/30 split between agricultural sector clients and regular tax clients.
This highly regarded accountancy firm are looking to recruit a Senior Accountant/Client Manager who has an understanding of key tax planning concepts together with an understanding of agricultural and farming terminology and concepts as to build strong client relationships within the sector.
The Senior Accountant/Client Managers duties will include the following:
- To build and maintain strong relationships across the whole client portfolio
- Grow the sector both in terms of fees from existing clients but also winning new business
- Business development and marketing will be key as will attendance at networking events and pitching to potential clients and writing blogs/advertorials
- Liaising with clients and providing financial information and advice to clients in both the agricultural sector and a mixture of non-agricultural based clients
- Reviewing systems and analyzing risks and presenting solutions to problems identified
- Preparation of statutory accounts for SME's, personal tax returns (including many High Net Worth individuals), company tax returns, cash-flow preparation, management accounts, meeting clients, tax planning and succession planning will all be part of your role
- Portfolio management including management of WIP and billing will be expected
- Holding client meetings to discuss their accounts, tax position and to advice on strategic plans will be something that you should be comfortable with
- We expect that you will develop, supervise and mentor staff
- Portfolio management to ensure that work is planned, and adequate staff are available to meet the relevant deadlines for each client using Retain
Experience within the agricultural sector is essential, as is the ability to work quickly and accurately to deadlines and the ability to multi-task and run several tasks concurrently.
The ability to use CCH, Digita, Xero, FarmPlan and Key Accounts is essential to this role, it would also be helpful if you have a working knowledge of the capital taxes that are pertinent to farmers, Capital Gains Tax and Entrepreneurs relief, Inheritance tax and Agricultural Property Relief and Business Property Relief.
A full UK driving licence is essential to this role as clients are spread around Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and East Anglia.
To find out more about Senior Accountant/Client Manager roles in agriculture throughout Hertfordshire, please contact us today. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting within Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT & Employment Tax.