Senior Accountant Job Vacancy
Are you a hands-on Senior Accountant who would love to work with an established firm that recognises and rewards hard work?
This Senior Accountant job in Oldham is a superb opportunity for an ambitious, technically focused and highly organised accountant.
We want to hear from you if:
- You have a proven track record of supporting clients within practice, able to build trusted and long-lasting relationships.
- You’re a strong communicator, proactive problem solver, and hands-on team player.
- You’re career-driven and keen to further learn from an experienced team, working along a defined path to progression.
Does this sound like you? If so, you could secure an impressive pay and perks package, continuous learning and development, and a defined path to progression with this Senior Accountant job in Oldham.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by, apply in strict confidence today.
- Plan, prepare, and review accounts for a diverse and significant client portfolio.
- Liaise directly with clients, sending final accounts, proactively handing queries, and building trusted relationships.
- Forecast and manage budgets, oversee workflow, and mentor junior staff with training and knowledge sharing.
- Prepare personal and corporation tax computations, including tax returns, tax liabilities, and providing trusted advisory.
- Work closely with senior team members, ensuring expectations, deadlines, and budgets are being met.
- Promote and strive for customer service excellence and set an example to junior staff as a hands-on and proactive Senior Accountant.
About this firm
Enjoying stable year-on-year growth, this reputable accountancy firm in Oldham is recognised for its personal approach to providing a range of accounting support to a varied client portfolio.
Fostering a supportive and educational team environment, this team of experienced accountants and advisors champions professional development and empowers its staff to work towards progression.
With inclusive company values, this firm is keen to see applications from all backgrounds and is open to candidates ACCA/ACA qualified or part qualified, or qualified by impressive experience within practice.
- £35,000 – £45,000 per annum
- Full time, permanent position
- Flexible working options considered
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Continued professional development
- Company pension
- Generous annual leave
- Open and inclusive culture
- Team incentives
- ACCA or ACA qualified or part qualified with previous experience within practice.
- Qualified by experience would also be considered.
- A proven track record of working with clients within practice.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, including Sage, QuickBooks and Xero.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word.
- Strong communication and advisory skills.
- Good attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Self-motivated and able to manage a team’s workflow.
- A team player able to bring out the best in others.
- Confidently mentor junior team members, in a positive and constructive manner.
Not interested in this role, but want to see what else we’re advertising? Then you can search for plenty of other Senior Accountant jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 0333 577 7787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Oldham and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 0333 577 7787 or upload your CV here.