Senior Accountant Job Vacancy
We’re searching for an ambitious, technically focused and highly organised professional, with a proven track record of supporting clients within practice.
Does this sound like you?
If so, this Senior Accountant job in Newark could be the right opportunity for you.
We’re looking for a driven candidate who would love to work with an ambitious firm that offers an impressive salary and champions professional development. The right accountant for this role will excel at working with a varied client portfolio, providing a full suite of accounting support.
Currently a UK Top 50 firm with aspirations to climb higher up the ranks, this is a rare opportunity to join a highly regarded firm and make the role your own.
Contact us today to learn more about this Senior Accountant job in Newark.
- Plan, prepare, and review accounts for a diverse and significant client portfolio.
- Liaise directly with clients, sending final accounts, proactively handing queries, and building trusted relationships.
- Forecast and manage budgets, oversee workflow, and mentor junior staff with training and knowledge sharing.
- Prepare personal and corporation tax computations, including tax returns, tax liabilities, and providing trusted advisory.
- Work closely with senior team members, ensuring expectations, deadlines, and budgets are being met.
- Promote and strive for customer service excellence and set an example to junior staff as a hands-on and proactive Senior Accountant.
About this firm
This multi-office firm of accountants is embarking on an exciting period of growth and is strengthening its team with ambitious accountants across tax and audit.
Recognised as an employer of choice within the region, this firm offers a full suite of benefits including a market-leading salary and impressive professional development opportunities.
Providing a wide range of financial support to clients across the country, and some internationally, this accountancy practice prides itself on delivering service excellence.
- £35,000 – £45,000 per annum
- Full time, permanent position
- Hybrid working with a ‘manage your own diary’ approach
- Healthcare and wellbeing initiatives
- Life assurance
- Continued professional development
- Enhanced company pension
- Generous annual leave
- Open and inclusive culture
- Team incentives
- Discretionary bonuses
- ACCA or ACA qualified or part qualified with previous experience within practice.
- A proven track record of working with clients within practice.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, including Sage, QuickBooks and Xero.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word.
- Strong communication and advisory skills.
- Good attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Self-motivated and able to manage a team’s workflow.
- A team player able to bring out the best in others.
- Confidently mentor junior team members, in a positive and constructive manner.
Not interested in this role, but want to see what else we’re advertising? Then you can search for plenty of other Senior Accountant jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 0333 577 7787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Newark and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 0333 577 7787 or upload your CV here.