Senior Accountant Job Vacancy
If you can answer yes to these questions, this Senior Accountant job in Cheltenham could be the right opportunity for you:
- Are you an ambitious, technically focused and highly organised accountant, with a proven track record of supporting clients within practice?
- Are you a strong communicator, proactive problem solver, and hands-on team player?
- Are you career-driven and keen to further learn from an experienced team, working along a defined path to progression?
This Senior Accountant job in Cheltenham is based within a small yet ambitious independent firm that is enjoying stable growth. This is a chance to secure a varied role that you can make your own.
The successful candidate will excel at working closely with clients, championing service excellence and supporting business development.
Contact us today to learn more about this Senior Accountant job in Cheltenham.
- Plan, prepare, and review accounts for a diverse and significant client portfolio.
- Liaise directly with clients, sending final accounts, proactively handing queries, and building trusted relationships.
- Forecast and manage budgets, oversee workflow, and mentor junior staff with training and knowledge sharing.
- Prepare personal and corporation tax computations, including tax returns, tax liabilities, and providing trusted advisory.
- Work closely with senior team members, ensuring expectations, deadlines, and budgets are being met.
- Promote and strive for customer service excellence and set an example to junior staff as a hands-on and proactive Senior Accountant.
About this firm
This Senior Accountant job is on offer with a leading independent firm in Cheltenham that provides a full service offering to clients across the UK.
A small yet ambitious firm, this opportunity will suit a career-driven candidate who is keen to play a key role within a friendly and supportive team.
Enjoying stable growth, this team of experienced accountants and advisors is looking for a hands-on candidate who can support this positive trajectory.
- £35,000 – £45,000 per annum
- Full time, permanent position
- Flexible working options considered
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Continued professional development
- Company pension
- Generous annual leave
- Open and inclusive culture
- Team incentives
- ACCA or ACA qualified or part qualified with previous experience within practice.
- A proven track record of working with clients within practice.
- Working knowledge of accounting software, including Sage, QuickBooks and Xero.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word.
- Strong communication and advisory skills.
- Good attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Self-motivated and able to manage a team’s workflow.
- A team player able to bring out the best in others.
- Confidently mentor junior team members, in a positive and constructive manner.
Not interested in this role, but want to see what else we’re advertising? Then you can search for plenty of other Senior Accountant jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 0333 577 7787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Cheltenham and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 0333 577 7787 or upload your CV here.