Are you a motivated Semi-Senior seeking a new role within an established firm of accountants based in Stourbridge?
Are you an accountant looking for progression within your accountancy career and have the initiative and problem-solving skills to be a Semi-Senior?
A family-run accountancy business has a new and exciting vacancy for a Semi-Senior that has, or is willing to study towards, an AAT/ACCA/ICAEW qualification.
As a budding chartered accountant, you’ll need to have tax and accounting knowledge and experience, be a self-starter, and understand the value of teamwork.
This friendly firm of accountants based in the West Midlands has recently moved into a new office, offers a competitive benefits package, and opportunities for career progression.
- Part of your job will be to use your technical proficiency to lead small audits, SRA audits (solicitors), and assist with large audits as is necessary.
- Your job will also include preparing accounts, tax planning/returns, and providing advice for a diverse portfolio of clients with differing requirements including sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- On a monthly and quarterly basis, you will also prepare management accounts as part of your job.
- As a senior team member, your role will encompass managing, supporting, and developing a team of Audit Juniors.
- Working closely with the Audit & Accounts Manager, you’ll discuss and make recommendations to senior stakeholders within the business to support the company’s growth, values, and success.
Employee Value Proposition
You’ll be a vital member of an established team of accountants, rewarded, and recognised for your role and contribution to the organisation’s growth and reputation.
You’ll find the company to be both friendly and supportive — priding themselves on low staff turnover and career progression from intern to senior management.
- Competitive holiday entitlement.
- Pension plan.
- Training and personal development.
- Studying towards or ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Technically proficient with account and tax calculations.
- A self-motivated and proactive individual.
- A team player who is approachable and inclusive.
- An excellent communicator who meets deadlines for clients.
- Competent with SAGE, IRIS, and Microsoft software.
- Has a driving licence and vehicle for appointments.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd is a specialist recruitment agency which works exclusively with accountancy firms in the West Midlands area and across the UK.
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits into tax, accounts and audit jobs at all levels for accountancy firms and has a superb track record in the delivery of excellence for accountants and practices who are either looking to recruit or find a new job.