How well are you managing your candidate’s expectations?
We cannot emphasise enough just how important managing candidate expectations is. We’d go so far as to say that an inefficient hiring process can not only damage your brand, but your ability to hire and run a successful business.
The most common feedback our candidates give us is that they really value great and consistent communication, clear expectations and feedback if they not chosen for the post.
So, let’s get straight into the 10 things you MUST do to manage candidate expectations successfully.
- Tell it like it is – avoid jargon, clichés and generic job advertisements.
- Have a clear process – and let your candidate know exactly what it is.
- Stick to timelines – don’t ever let a candidate have to chase you.
- Be honest – about everything…number of interviews, any tests, the role, the benefits, the salary, the working conditions.
- Make it personal – forge a relationship- you can never communicate too much with a candidate.
- Shorten your recruitment cycle – top talent will not hang around for long.
- Automate the process – candidates expect a digital conversation but always keep it human-led.
- Equal treatment – judge on performance and fit and not unrelated factors which are out of the candidate’s control.
- Give feedback – a generic reply is considered a poor candidate experience.
- Be kind to us – give your specialist accountancy recruitment company as much information as possible!
“When you partner with a recruitment company, the best results come from collaborating throughout the recruitment process. Sharing thoughts and ideas. And being opening with feedback.
You know your business better than anyone, but a specialist accountancy recruiter like Public Practice Recruitment Ltd knows everything there is to know about a successful recruitment strategy and managing candidate expectations.
Please have a read of our 24 hours to job offer case study from last year to see how one candidate experienced a positive candidate experience and a speedy job offer.”
Garry Howling, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
It’s a candidate driven market and you must improve your ability to manage candidate expectations successfully, or risk missing out on talented accountants. If you’re juggling your day to day job as well as hiring new staff, chances are you’re not treating your candidates in the way they expect. This will lead to disappointment, frustration and candidates dropping out of the process.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.