An accountancy Client Manager job description will seek an accounts professional that is ACA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience with a passion for advising clients.
Accountancy Client Manager Job Description: Skills And Attributes
Accountancy Client Manager will already be ACA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience.
In addition to these qualifications, the Client Manager will also have at least four years of practice experience advising, producing, and reviewing accounts for clients of various types and sizes.
In addition to being the go-to person for clients, they’ll also be a team leader, fostering a supportive culture that encourages and celebrates everyone’s hard work and dedication.
Client Managers are often the conduit between Senior Managers and/or Partners and the accounts/audit teams.
Besides the above skills, the individual will need to be technically proficient with high attention to detail — an out-and-out accounts person.
A self-starter that can solve problems and spot opportunities, this person will also be a relationship builder who is confident meeting and speaking to clients.
Client Manager Job Description: Responsibilities
- You’ll be the go-to for clients, regularly attending meetings and aiming to deliver customer service excellence.
- Reviewing bookkeeping records, management accounts, year-end accounts, and statutory accounts for the audit team when required.
- Liaise with external bodies and assist clients with queries promptly.
- You’ll be the Xero and accounting software contact — reviewing and assisting when required.
- Review bank reconciliations and client VAT returns, which includes clients’ compliance.
- Monitor completion and timely submission of P11Ds and tax returns.
- Encourage, support, and mentor a small team and junior team members — championing customer excellence as a department.
- Spot opportunities for the firm and clients — you’ll be confident in discussing them at Partner level, including software to streamline processes.
- Liaise with other internal departments, such as payroll, tax teams, audit team, and the accounts team to provide a 360-degree service.
- Lead and support client projects concerning cash flow, forecasts, and budgets.
Are you recruiting for a Client Manager position?
If you are looking to recruit a Client Manager, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd can help.
Exclusively developed for the accountancy industry, our professional team will seek the highest calibre of candidate for your role, so you’ll be confident they will actively contribute to the success of your accountancy firm.
Are you looking for a Client Manager job?
If you’re looking for accountancy jobs as a Client Manager, we’d encourage you to get in touch.
We have a tremendous track record of introducing you (anonymously) to our long-term clients by highlighting your skills and attributes in line with each firm’s needs.
Your job search for an accountancy role will be handled in the strictest confidence and sensitivity.