An Agricultural job description will combine the need for an ACA-qualified accountant with an in-depth knowledge of the agricultural industry.
The individual will need to be technically proficient and have a working knowledge of the challenges facing farmers and their estates — advice needs to be practical.
The agricultural industry depends on sound financial advice to help them navigate a very challenging landscape.
Agricultural Accountants are in demand due to their niche area of expertise, which is why it’s important to provide an enhanced benefits package and add your core values to your job description.
Agricultural Accountant Job Description: Skills And Attributes
An Agricultural job description will often require in excess of two years post-qualification experience advising the rural and agricultural community alongside an ACA, ACCA, or FCCA qualification.
The role of an Agricultural Accountant requires technical proficiency within accounts and tax that is teamed with excellent communication skills — able to use strategic thinking to support the client and the firm.
A team player, the Agricultural Accountant can work with all stakeholder levels both internally and externally to leverage knowledge and relationships to benefit clients and the firm.
The Agricultural Accountant must think like a Partner, with a passion for innovation and introducing new initiatives to drive continuous improvement and growth for the client and the practice.
Agricultural Job Description: Responsibilities
- Lead contact for the client on wide-ranging queries — responding promptly.
- Liaise with internal and external departments to provide a smooth service for the client.
- Take a deep interest in clients’ businesses and the challenges and changes within the agriculture sector.
- Review, forecast, and provide advice and assistance with restructuring and updating business operations and systems.
- Review accounts and tax returns prepared by team members.
- Manage and mentor a team of more junior team members.
- Assist more senior members with other projects concerning business planning, tax, and advice for clients.
- Ensuring that all client submissions internally and externally meet deadlines.
Are you recruiting for an Agricultural Accountant position?
If you are looking to recruit an Agricultural Accountant, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd can help.
Exclusively developed for the accountancy industry, our professional team will seek the highest calibre of candidate that has demonstrable agricultural and rural experience for your role, so you’ll be confident they will actively contribute to the success of your accountancy firm.
Are you looking for an Agricultural Accountant job?
If you’re looking for accountancy jobs as an Agricultural Accountant, we’d encourage you to get in touch.
We have a tremendous track record of introducing you (anonymously) to our long-term clients by highlighting your skills and attributes in line with each firm’s needs.
Your job search for an agricultural accountancy role will be handled in the strictest confidence and sensitivity.