Senior Accountant Job Vacancy
Are you the standout Senior Accountant we’re looking for?
This Senior Accountant job in York is the right opportunity for you if you’d love a varied role with a leading accountancy practice.
We want to hear from you if you’re a strong communicator, proactive problem solver, and self-motivated team player. You’ll be passionate about working with a wide range of clients, working closely as part of a dynamic team and learning from experienced accountants.
If you can answer yes to these questions, this Senior Accountant job in York could be the right opportunity for you:
- Do you excel in a client facing role with a natural talent for building trusted and long-lasting relationships?
- Can you work autonomously with the motivation and initiative to support a significant client portfolio?
- Are you a supportive leader able to inspire those around you?
Perhaps you’re an experienced accountant looking to step up to senior level. Or are you already a Senior Accountant looking for a new challenge within a forward-thinking firm?
You’ll have a proven track record of working with clients within practice, and you’ll be technically minded, commercially aware, and have a keen eye for detail. You’ll be a natural leader with great people management skills, able to mentor junior staff and support professional development across the team.
Does this Senior Accountant job in York sound like the right opportunity for you? Contact us in confidence today.
- Provide a full suite of accountancy support to a varied client portfolio.
- Work closely with senior management to ensure assignments are meeting expectations, deadlines, and budgets.
- Preparation of year-end accounts for Limited companies, both FRS102a and FRS105.
- Preparation of Sole trader, partnership and LLP accounts.
- Completion of corporate, personal and partnership tax returns.
- Assisting manager group with ad hoc assignments such as cash flow forecasts.
- Completion of management accounts.
- Liaise with clients, building trusted relationships and proactively problem solving.
- Support junior staff by reviewing work with constructive feedback and scoping training opportunities.
- Support the firm’s growth by identifying new service lines for clients and identifying prospective clients.
- Stay up-to-date with accountancy regulations, providing trusted knowledge to the team and clients.
- Drive your professional development, enthusiastically undertaking training and working towards progression.
- Set an example as a hands-on Senior Accountant, championing service excellence and the firm’s core values.
About this firm
This Senior Accountant job is based within a leading firm of accountants in York. The experienced team provides an all-encompassing suite of financial services to a loyal and growing client portfolio.
This proactive firm is looking for a standout candidate who can be an integral part of the team, championing service excellence and motivating those around them.
Adopting a people-led and supportive working environment, this role will suit someone who can allow others staff to thrive and drive growth for the firm.
- £35,000 to £40,000 pa
- Permanent, full-time role
- Generous annual leave
- Company pension
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Modern offices and social events
- Flexible working around core hours
- Professional development
- Supportive and inclusive working environment
- Track record of supporting a varied client portfolio within practice.
- Good knowledge across accountancy systems.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Word.
- Strong communication and advisory skills.
- A proactive problem-solver.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Highly organised with good attention to detail.
- A team player able to bring out the best in others.
- Enthusiastic to build on existing skillset, learning from an experienced team.
Not interested in this role, but want to see what else we’re advertising? Then you can search for plenty of other Senior Accountant jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 0333 577 7787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in York and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 0333 577 7787 or upload your CV here.