At Public Practice Recruitment Ltd, we are rarely asked about first impressions, and we think they are vital.
Obvious, right? Yes, but it is amazing how easy it is to forget the basics, which can happen when you really want the new job, and you are a little nervous.
- At Public Practice Recruitment Ltd, we recommend that our candidates turn up to interviews ten minutes before the interview is scheduled to begin. It’s also good to have a trial run, so you know where you’re going and check traffic and train reports too.
- Add your interviewers on LinkedIn; take the opportunity to learn about them – you might have something in common.
- Wear professional attire. We advise neutral, too much of anything can be a bad thing.
- Research the business, look at the job profile and consider how you can demonstrate your suitability for the role before the day.
- Be positive and greet everyone you meet with respect and a smile. What the receptionist thinks can filter through to your interviewer. Use the time to peruse any sales material provided.
- When you’re offered a drink, request water as opposed to tea or coffee. Caffeine can often increase the heart rate, which doesn’t help if you’re nervous. Water also helps a dry throat.
- Relax and consider your response before you answer.
- Engage the interviewer by looking directly at them; always sit up straight.
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd is an established and experienced business that specialises in finding the most suitable candidates within the accountancy field. For more information, you can visit our website, call us on 0333 5777 787 or email email@example.com.