An unusual opportunity has arisen to join a leading Milton Keynes based public practice accountancy firm in a senior management capacity. This Head of Audit job in Milton Keynes is suitable for a qualified accountant with extensive Audit experience within a public practice accountancy firm. This senior Audit job will be a game changer for the right candidate and will be a pivotal role within the Buckinghamshire based Accountancy firm heading up their impressive Audit Department.
This unique practice provides Accountancy, Audit, Wealth management, Business growth and Tax Advisory services to a varied portfolio of clients spanning Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire and the South-East Region. The Practice is family owned, with family values, including a distinct focus on developing and retaining its employees. Due to ongoing and extensive growth, they are now seeking an ambitious and experienced audit professional to act as Head of Audit.
The main responsibilities for the Head of Audit will be;
• Taking full responsibility for the planning and completion of audits, including large and complex groups across the Audit portfolio
• Managing the day to day audit process requirements of the firm, including responsibility for working to recovery targets
• Supporting on tenders and proposals for existing Audit work and potential new clients
• Developing the growth strategy for the Audit department including involvement in Business Development and Marketing activities
• Responsibility for training, development and recruitment of all employees within the Audit team
The perfect Head of Audit will be ACCA/ACA qualified with a minimum of five years’ experience of working within a busy public practice accountancy firm (some within Audit). You will need to be confident in leading a team of auditors as well as mentoring and training staff to achieve excellence. You will need to be capable of strategic planning, creative thinking and be highly commercially aware.
This role would suit an Audit Manager looking to progress into a more challenging role. With the potential to be part of a fresh thinking, growth focused practice, as well as a fantastic team culture, this job should not be missed. The progression opportunities within the firm are vast.
To find out about more Audit and Accountant jobs in Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes please contact us today. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT & Employment Tax.