Full-time Tax Manager Job Vacancy In Banbury
Are you an ambitious tax expert that enjoys using your skill to help clients? Are you looking for a career move to become a Tax Manager within a progressive and supportive accountancy firm?
Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that values its team members and provides a comprehensive benefits package to support you personally as well as professionally? If so, this Tax Manager role within an established and growing practice in Banbury could be for you.
CTA qualified, you’ll need to be technically proficient and have extensive tax-related knowledge together with at least five years of experience working within a practice environment.
Acting in an advisory capacity, you’ll be the first point of contact for clients and team members regarding tax, so you’ll need to be a strong communicator and networker.
You’ll also need to be technically strong with high attention to detail and have a can-do attitude to problem-solving; you’ll be a self-starter who is motivated to see projects through to completion in a timely manner.
You’ll be a proven and effective leader that strives for continued development and improvement.
This progressive accountancy firm in Banbury offers a supportive environment and excellent remuneration and benefits for the right person.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate and personal clients on a wide variety of tax specific areas — aiming for customer service excellence.
- Providing cost-effective and timely strategic planning, transactional advice, and project work for clients.
- Work alongside senior team members to seek opportunities and innovate for clients by tax planning and adding value.
- Actively seek to develop professional knowledge alongside partners.
- Use a commercial mindset to strategically drive the tax offering and promote the tax capabilities with other team members.
- Build and retain relationships with clients in set geographical regions.
- The first point of contact for your portfolio of clients, offering advice, whether reactive or proactive as required — getting to know their business challenges and opportunities.
- Seek to identify corporate and personal tax planning opportunities as part of the review process — confidently raising these with partners.
- Preparation of reports and proposals, including liaising with other teams.
- Provide relevant tax knowledge, proactively disseminating that knowledge to relevant individuals to actively improve the firm’s overall tax ability and assist with tax training across the firm.
- Work as part of the management team to ensure workloads and deadlines are managed effectively.
- Foster an inclusive working environment — mentoring and encouraging more junior team members.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
This forward-thinking accountancy firm offers an extremely positive and inclusive work culture — seeing its team members as the core of the business.
Offering a generous remuneration and benefits package, this accountancy practice believes in shared success and offers a benefits and flexible working package to support team members personally and professionally.
Benefits As A Tax Manager
- Salary – £40,000 to £60,000.
- Flexible working.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Healthcare, medical plan, and life assurance.
- Discounts at retailers and cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Employee assistance scheme.
- Social events.
- CTA qualified (ACCA/ICAEW desirable).
- Five years of experience working within an accountancy firm.
- Technically proficient with a working knowledge of both business and personal tax.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide proactive advice to clients and discuss opportunities with partners.
- A good listener and team player that encourages others.
- Confident with accountancy, tax, and MS software.
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving.
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce work in a timely manner.
- A creative and analytical thinker.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and audit vacancies on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd has new accountancy jobs every day and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.