Full-time Semi Senior Accountant Job Vacancy
Are you a Semi Senior Accountant or AAT part qualified with 12 months of accountancy practice experience?
Would you like to work with a progressive firm of accountants that will support your professional journey and provide an enviable reward and wellbeing package? If so, this Semi Senior Accountant role within a growing accountancy firm in Stoke-on-Trent could be for you.
In addition to being an out-and-out numbers person and a go-to for your clients’ questions, you’ll be a problem solver with a can-do attitude.
You’ll need to be a dedicated and driven person that can use your technical and analytical skills to resolve queries and complete tasks independently in a timely manner.
You’ll also be confident with cloud-based accounting software such as Xero, Sage, and Quickbooks, as this role requires someone who enjoys the efficiencies that cloud-based software can bring to both the firm and clients.
For the right person, this established and growing firm in Stoke recognises, rewards, and supports team members both professionally and personally.
- Work alongside a senior team member to support clients’ needs and support the firm’s continued growth.
- Work on a cloud conversions project for our clients, including advising and supporting them for the new HMRC initiative, MTD for VAT.
- Support clients with their software requirements.
- Work as part of a team of senior team members to plan conversion projects with clients.
- Develop and deliver advisory services using the firm’s cloud software.
- Keep abreast of emerging cloud-based accountancy software and solutions which present opportunities for both clients and the firm.
- Process VAT returns, bookkeeping, management accounts, and statutory accounts duties.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
This forward-thinking accountancy firm values every team member and not only has clear values for the practice, but a desirable benefit and wellbeing package to match.
The values in place concern the importance of relationships, working together as a team, celebrating each other’s successes, and strong principles around how the firm conducts its business.
Perhaps as importantly, this firm holds itself to those values and regularly reviews whether they are being met.
Employee Benefits As A Semi Senior Accountant
- Salary of £23,000 to £26,000.
- Flexible working hours.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Life assurance from day one of employment.
- Medical care package.
- Performance and profit-related bonus.
- Funded training and study leave support plus paid membership.
- 25 days holiday plus sell and buy-back scheme.
- Discounts for retailers and home bills.
- 24/7 wellbeing support programme.
- Awards and recognition ceremony every year.
- Free parking, cycle to work scheme, and free eye tests.
- Paid volunteering opportunities.
- Free snacks and drinks.
- Career break policy.
- Fun, themed days to support various charities.
- Social nights and days.
- AAT part qualified or qualified.
- 12 months experience within an accountancy practice.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with clients.
- Knowledge of MS Office and cloud-based applications such as Xero, Sage, and Quickbooks.
- Problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude.
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently in a timely manner.
- Multi-tasker who can work as part of a team and with senior management.
- Confident sharing ideas to make efficiencies and identify opportunities.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd is a specialist recruitment agency which works exclusively with accountancy firms in the UK.