Full-time Junior Accountant Job Vacancy
Are you looking for your first step into a professional career in accountancy?
Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that values its employees and provides funded training and career development? If so, this Junior Accountant role within a progressive and dynamic accounting firm in Stoke on Trent could be for you.
As a Trainee Accountant, you will need to demonstrate a strong academic record at GCSE and A level, however, previous accountancy experience is not required.
If you have a desire to learn, a passion for delivering the highest levels of service and enjoy a challenge, then we’re interested in hearing from you.
For the right person, this established and growing firm offers a friendly and fun environment with a free and open-minded approach. With flexible working, a generous benefits package, socials, and a commitment to your personal development, you’ll feel valued every day.
Junior Accountant Stoke on Trent Job Purpose
- You’ll work as part of our talented, fun and hard-working team, offering ideas and thoughts on how we can do things differently and better.
- You’ll learn and develop your knowledge of accountancy through shadowing and questioning colleagues.
- You’ll embark on studying for your AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) qualification, fully funded and supported by the company.
- You’ll develop and expand your technology skills to enable you to support clients and offer tips on improving processes through the effective use of technology.
- You’ll support clients and develop relationships by providing excellent service and help.
- As your accountancy knowledge develops, you’ll support in the preparation of financial statements and taxation calculations. You’ll also get involved tax and financial planning for our wide range of clients.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm In Stoke on Trent
The firm is a multi-office firm of accountants with more than 50 employees. The organisation has some exciting growth and expansion plans and is looking for more superstars to join their talented team.
The culture of the business is based on working hard but having fun at the same time. It has a creative and open-minded outlook and encourages free-thinking.
The environment is friendly and supportive with employees sitting at the very heart of everything! You’ll be provided with training and study support and an excellent opportunity to develop a career in accountancy.
With a modern and flexible approach to working hours, the business will reward you for your commitment and contribution to its success and growth.
Employee Benefits As A Junior Accountant In Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
- Salary of £17,000 to £19,000.
- Flexible working hours.
- A fun, friendly and supportive environment.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Structured induction period and process.
- Fully funded and supported study package.
- Career development plans and progression opportunities.
- Private healthcare.
- Regular socials (including virtual ones!).
- Environmental and community support days.
Junior Accountant Stoke on Trent Job Requirements
- Minimum of three A levels, or equivalent (grade C or above).
- Minimum of five GCSEs including English and Maths (level 6 or above), others at a minimum level 5.
- A desire to learn and improve.
- Ability to build relationships and get on well with people.
- Motivated by challenges and being the best you can be.
- Enjoy being busy and working in a fast paced environment.
- Thrive in a busy team and work well with your colleagues.
- Use your creativity and curiosity to find new and different ways of doing things.
- Happy to take on any task, however big or small.
- Embrace the businesses culture and brand and always do your best when representing our company.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd is a specialist recruitment agency which works exclusively with accountancy firms in the Staffordshire area, together with accountancy firms across the UK.
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits into tax, accounts and audit jobs at all levels for accountancy firms and has a superb track record in the delivery of excellence for accountants and accountancy firms who are either looking to recruit or find a new job.