Full-time Client Manager Job Vacancy
Are you an experienced Client Manager, or do you aspire to be one? Are you looking to make a move to a more flexible job and a firm that will support you both professionally and personally?
Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that has strong core values, supports the community, and provides an enhanced benefits and wellbeing package? If so, this Client Manager role within a progressive accountancy firm in Oxfordshire could be for you.
As a degree and AAT-qualified Client Manager, you will need four years of accounting and bookkeeping experience and be an out-and-out networker and relationship builder.
You’ll be self-motivated, have high attention to detail, be familiar with Xero and accounting systems, and perhaps more importantly, you’ll have a head for business and know how to leverage your knowledge to help clients.
In addition to being the go-to person for clients, you’ll also be a team leader, fostering a supportive culture that encourages and celebrates everyone’s hard work and dedication.
For the right person, this established and reputable firm in Oxfordshire offers flexible working, an enhanced benefits and wellbeing package, and the chance to support the local community.
- You’ll be the go-to for clients, regularly attending meetings and aiming to deliver customer service excellence.
- Prepare bookkeeping records, management accounts, year-end accounts, and statutory accounts for the audit team.
- Liaise with external bodies and assist clients with queries in a timely manner.
- You’ll be the Xero and accounting software contact — reviewing and assisting when required.
- Review, prepare, and advise on bank reconciliations and client VAT returns, which includes clients’ compliance.
- Monitor completion and timely submission of P11Ds and tax returns.
- Encourage, support, and mentor a small team and junior team members — championing customer excellence as a department.
- Spot opportunities for the firm and clients — you’ll be confident in discussing them at Partner level, which includes software to streamline processes.
- Liaise with other internal departments, such as payroll, to provide a 360-degree service for clients.
- Lead and support client projects concerning cash flow, forecasts, and budgets.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
Feeling like a valued member of the team isn’t solely supporting each other on work projects — it’s the culture and core values that are underpinned by socials, charity events, support, and recognition that this firm provides.
This accounting firm goes above and beyond to support the local community and cares about its impact on the environment.
Regularly conducting employee surveys, they listen to feedback and see each team member’s views on the business, their role, and the support they receive, as integral to joint success.
This is also echoed in the enhanced benefits and wellbeing package offered, which goes further than remuneration — this firm provides counselling as part of an employee assistance plan.
Employee Benefits As A Senior Accountant / Client Manager
- Salary of £45,000 to £55,000
- Flexible working hours
- Substantial annual leave
- Health, medical, and life cover
- Cycle-to-work and childcare schemes
- Enhanced employee pension contribution
- Employee assistance plan and counselling service
You’ll need to be degree-qualified within an AAT or equivalent for this role. In addition, you’ll need to have four years of accounting and bookkeeping experience and high attention to detail.
Computer literate and familiar with accounting software like Xero, you’ll understand the power of technology and the efficiencies it can bring for the firm and clients alike.
You’ll be a natural leader and relationship builder who is confident when talking to people and stays calm when faced with challenges.
Confident discussing your ideas and making decisions, you’ll be able to approach Partner-level team members to contribute to success for clients and the firm.
It would be highly desirable if you had an ACA or ACCA qualification, but this is not essential.
Experience in a freelance or practice environment would also be an advantage.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd is a specialist recruitment agency which works exclusively with accountancy firms in the UK.