Full-time Bookkeeper Job Vacancy
Are you an experienced Bookkeeper that is looking to make a move to a more flexible and exciting company?
Would you like to work with a firm of accountants that values its employees and provides funded training and career development? If so, this Bookkeeper role within a progressive and dynamic accountancy firm in Stoke on Trent could be for you.
As a Bookkeeper, you will need two years of experience in your field, knowledge of Xero (and similar), and high attention to detail.
Perhaps equally as important — you’ll have a willingness to question, spot an opportunity, and have bright ideas and solutions — you’ll want to be part of this firm’s success.
If you have a desire to learn, a passion for delivering the highest levels of service and enjoy a challenge, then we’re interested in hearing from you.
For the right person, this established and growing firm in Staffordshire offers a friendly and fun environment with a free and open-minded approach. With flexible working, a generous benefits package, socials, and a commitment to your personal development, you’ll feel valued every day.
Bookkeeper Stoke on Trent Job Purpose
- You’ll be a team player and contribute to the success of the firm.
- You’ll be a people person, happy to talk to clients and help them succeed
- Your technical ability will be shared with clients — you will support them when they get a little stuck.
- You’ll know where you’re going with your personal and professional development.
- The main part of your job will be using your high attention to detail to maintain accurate accounts using Xero.
- Management information will need to be produced for clients, so reconciliations and adjustments will be undertaken by you.
- You’ll prepare and submit VAT returns and be confident in discussing schemes and liabilities (with the support of the wider team).
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm In Stoke on Trent
With more many employees, this is a progressive and forward-thinking firm of accountants. The organisation is looking to expand its talented team as a result of some exciting growth and expansion plans.
The business environment is extremely open and supportive with employee wellbeing the number one priority! This firm provides fully-funded training and study support and is committed to the career development of its employees.
The culture of the business focusses on having fun and enjoying yourself whilst working hard to achieve your goals. No idea is a bad idea, and they welcome people who think a little differently!
With a modern and flexible approach to working hours, you’ll be rewarded for your commitment to the success and growth of the organisation.
Employee Benefits As A Bookkeeper In Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
- Salary of £22,000 to £28,000.
- Flexible working hours.
- A fun, friendly and supportive environment.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Structured induction period and process.
- Career development plans and progression opportunities.
- Private healthcare.
- Regular socials (including virtual ones!).
- Environmental and community support days.
Bookkeeper Stoke on Trent Job Requirements
- Like everyone else in the firm, you’ll be an out-and-out number cruncher who realises the importance and value of accuracy and attention to detail.
- You’ll have two years of bookkeeping experience.
- Knowledge and confidence in your use of accounting software (Xero), systems, and processes are essential for this job.
- You’ll actively look for ways to improve processes, especially when it comes to tech.
- You’re a team player who enjoys helping others and acknowledging a job well done.
- Busy firms don’t fluster you — you’ll need to stay calm when during busy periods.
- You’re a thinker who has the confidence to present ideas and will nurture a supportive culture and shared success.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd is a specialist recruitment agency which works exclusively with accountancy firms in the Staffordshire area, together with accountancy firms across the UK.
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits into tax, accounts and audit jobs at all levels for accountancy firms and has a superb track record in the delivery of excellence for accountants and accountancy firms who are either looking to recruit or find a new job.