Client Manager Job Vacancy
Are you an experienced Client Manager looking to join a growing accountancy firm to lead a team of bookkeepers and accountants?
If so, this Client Manager job in Birmingham within an established accountancy practice could be for you.
You’ll be ACA qualified, or equivalent, with experience of working in a client-facing role within an accountancy practice.
As a Client Manager, you will have regular contact with clients, providing a range of general accountancy services to a diverse portfolio of individuals and businesses of all sizes and structures.
You’ll need excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients quickly, always aiming to deliver customer service excellence.
You’ll need to be technically excellent with close attention to detail and have a can-do attitude to problem-solving; you’ll also be a self-starter who is motivated to promptly see projects through to completion.
As a team player, you’ll bring out the best in others and confidently work with other managers to lead a team towards department goals.
- Be a key member of the team, supporting a varied client portfolio.
- Lead projects, including management and budget planning.
- Lead the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Preparation of income and expenditure accounts for clients as required.
- Bookkeeping and organisation of accounting records.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Preparation and submission of personal and corporate tax returns.
- Provide excellent service to clients, being the go-to person for any queries.
- Proactively identify opportunities for clients and communicate actions clearly.
- Handle technical and challenging projects, working to accounting standards and considerations.
- Work closely with the senior management team, including supporting Partners with projects.
- Contribute to the firm’s growth by retaining existing clients and building relationships with prospective clients.
- Coach a junior team, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment.
About this firm
This reputable accountancy practice in Birmingham is looking for a Client Manager to join their team of chartered accountants.
This friendly, experienced team is forward-thinking with a client and employee-centric approach and is regarded as an employer of choice.
A full-service accountancy practice, this dynamic firm provides all the services expected of a modern firm of business advisors.
They have a professional yet relaxed work environment and encourage an inclusive approach that recognises and rewards people’s commitment, hard work, and success.
- £65,000 to £75,000 pa.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Training programme and professional development opportunities.
- Regular company social activities.
- Positive and supportive company culture.
The successful candidate
- ACA qualified, or equivalent.
- Experience in financial reporting – UK GAAP and IRFS.
- Previous experience of leading a team within a practice environment.
- Project management experience and excellent organisations skills.
- Technically excellent skillset across accountancy.
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving.
- Organised and able to manage own workload effectively.
- Excellent communication and advisory skills.
- Confident working alongside senior management.
- Motivated and able to inspire others.
- Collaborative and creative.
- Excellent business acumen.
Not interested in this role? Try searching for other temp audit jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Birmingham and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.