Thinking about pursuing a new career as an accountant?
Are you crazy?
Not at all! The pandemic has a lot of us questioning our career paths. We’re re-evaluating everything – how valued we feel at work, financial reward and our work life balance. Many of us have used our time this year to draw upon new found strengths and interests to identify a brand new career path.
And if the current crisis has taught us anything, it’s that the finance sector is being thrust into the heart of all business growth strategies in order to survive. So, being high in demand and promising job security may also be a pull. Accountants…we’re going nowhere!
If accountancy is a profession you’re thinking of switching to, or if you’re simply looking for a brand new opportunity we can help.
Here are our top five tips for changing career during a pandemic.
1. The AAT qualification is the minimum qualification needed for all accountants. Chartered accountants require an ACCA, ACA or CIMA. The great news is that you can complete the AAT qualification in your own time online. And you don’t need any prior experience or qualifications to get started.
2. Then it’s time to decide if you’d like to work for a practice or be part of a finance team within a company. If you already know which role you’d like to train for – audit, tax, accountancy or something else, it may help you decide.
3. Knowing if you’d like to work for a small or a large firm is an important factor to consider. It all depends on your lifestyle, ambition and personality. Take a look at this guide to help you decide.
4. If you’re already working within the accountancy profession and you’re looking for a new exciting opportunity to progress, there are lots of options available for the right candidate.
Take a look at this incredible career progression opportunity as a Medical Partner Designate in Bristol. Required attributes are:
- Medical experience
- Proven leadership ability
- Good communication
- Energy and commitment
- Business development skills
With career progression to Equity Medical Partner level and with an impressive salary of up to £140k, we bet you’re wondering how to apply!
5. Whether you’re an accountancy graduate at the start of your working career, freshly retrained as an accountant, or a seasoned pro just itching to try something new, you’ll need some expert advice from a specialist recruiter. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd will help you find your perfect accountancy role.
Specialising solely in recruiting accountants for accountancy firms – from smaller independent practices to regional worldwide firms, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd offer exceptional career advice.
It’s never too late to change direction. And you’re in good company. A recent study of 1,000 adults found that 39% of respondents were considering a new job following the pandemic. And 1 in 10 are attempting to retrain for an entirely new job. Is now the right time for you too?
To apply for the Medical Partner Designate role in Bristol call Garry Howling today on 03335 777 787. The strictest confidence is always guaranteed.