Full-time Head of Bookkeeping Job Vacancy
Are you an experienced Bookkeeper looking for a new challenge leading a team of eight bookkeepers.
Are you looking to work for a firm of accountants that will view your technical proficiency within bookkeeping as invaluable? If so, this Head of Bookkeeping role within a supportive accountancy firm in Stoke could be for you.
You’ll be qualified by experience, have a good knowledge of Excel and Xero (or similar), and have some team-level experience within an accountancy practice, ideally.
The role will focus on managing a team of bookkeepers — implementing strategies to streamline and improve the function.
Ideal for a person with bookkeeping or an accountancy background, this role covers various duties, including managing the department WIP and driving and developing efficiencies.
You’ll need excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients, always aiming to deliver customer service excellence.
You’ll need excellent attention to detail and basic knowledge of accountancy principles. Numerical accuracy is essential, along with an investigative mind and a can-do attitude to problem-solving.
You’ll need to be a self-starter who is motivated to promptly see work and projects through to completion.
As a team player, you’ll work well with others and confidently communicate challenges and opportunities to clients and colleagues.
- The role will focus on managing a team of eight bookkeepers — implementing strategies to streamline and improve the function.
- This role covers various duties, including managing the department WIP and driving and developing efficiencies.
- The role will focus on supporting and delivering general bookkeeping services.
- Ensure the team complete monthly bookkeeping tasks in line with the client’s requirements.
- Support your team and other colleagues with query resolution as required.
- Support and assist clients with bookkeeping software and systems queries as required.
- Continually strive for customer service excellence.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with clients, being a point of contact for queries and questions when required.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
This award-winning, multi-office accountancy practice has an enviable reputation for excellent service levels and is an employer of choice.
This business provides a broad range of accountancy services and supports a diverse portfolio of clients with the latest IT solutions for accountancy and expert business and accounting advice.
Due to experiencing ongoing significant growth, this progressive business is now looking to strengthen its growing team by appointing a Head of Bookkeeping.
This firm consists of a talented and ambitious team that delivers phenomenal service; the firm is incredibly supportive of work/life balance and provides health MOTs.
- Salary £30,000 to £35,000.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Flexible working hours.
- Health MOTs.
- Community and environmental work.
- Social activities.
- You’ll be qualified by experience, have a good knowledge of Excel and Xero (or similar), and have some team-level experience within an accountancy practice, ideally.
- An excellent understanding of bookkeeping duties and requirements and accounting principles.
- Experience in using cloud-based accounting and bookkeeping software systems.
- Good numerical proficiency.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A can-do, proactive attitude.
- Motivated and comfortable working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Able to manage own workload effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A team player.
Not interested in this role? Try searching for other Bookkeeper jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Stoke regularly and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.