Bookkeeper/Practice Manager job located in the St Albans area.
Our client, an St Albans based accountancy firm are looking to recruit a Bookkeeper/Practice Manager to be involved in the day-to-day running of a team of accountants.
A minimum of 4 years’ experience within a busy general accountancy firm where the successful applicant has had exposure to managing both staff and workload/workflow are desirable for this Bookkeeper/Practice Manager job.
As a key position within this forward-thinking St Albans-based accountancy firm, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to be able to act as the first point of contact between clients, Partners and team members to ensure the success of this ever-growing accountancy firm.
The main responsibilities of the Bookkeeper/Practice Manager:
- Managing workflow and deadlines within the Practice
- Reviewing work produced/performed by other members of staff
- Providing effective training and support to other staff, when necessary
- Working with the Partners to set KPI’s, goals and objectives
- Responsible for improving processes and implementing new systems
- Bookkeeping for a range of clients
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Visiting clients’ premises
- Resolving client queries
- Other ad hoc administration tasks
- Managing Junior members of staff
The perfect candidate will be qualified by experience, however, an accountancy qualification will be advantageous, as will a proven track record of outstanding customer service.
A full UK driving license is a must as there will be the need for the successful Bookkeeper/Practice Manager to visit clients’ premises.
To find out about more Bookkeeping and Practice Manager jobs in the St Albans area please contact us today.
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting within Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT & Employment Tax.