Full-time Bookkeeper Job Vacancy
Are you an experienced Bookkeeper looking for a new challenge in your career in accountancy?
Are you looking to work for a firm of accountants that will view your technical proficiency within bookkeeping as invaluable? If so, this Bookkeeper role within a supportive accountancy firm in Stoke-on-Trent could be for you.
You’ll be qualified by experience or with the ambition to study towards an accountancy qualification, ideally with experience working in an accountancy practice.
The role will focus on supporting and delivering bookkeeping and general accountancy services to a broad portfolio of clients.
Ideal for a person with a bookkeeping and accountancy background, this role covers various duties, including bookkeeping, VAT returns and payroll.
In addition to your basic accountancy competence, you will ideally have utilised some cloud-based bookkeeping software previously.
You’ll need excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients, always aiming to deliver customer service excellence.
You’ll need excellent attention to detail and basic knowledge of accountancy principles. Numerical accuracy is essential, along with an investigative mind and a can-do attitude to problem-solving.
You’ll need to be a self-starter who is motivated to promptly see work and projects through to completion.
As a team player, you’ll work well with others and confidently communicate challenges and opportunities to clients and colleagues.
- The role will focus on supporting and delivering general bookkeeping services.
- Complete monthly bookkeeping tasks in line with your client’s requirements.
- Calculate and complete VAT returns in readiness for checking and submission.
- Assist with running regular payrolls for clients in line with pay schedules and deadlines.
- Support your team and other colleagues with query resolution as required.
- Support and assist clients with bookkeeping software and systems queries as required.
- Continually strive for customer service excellence.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with clients, being a point of contact for queries and questions when required.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
This well-established accountancy practice has an enviable reputation for excellent service levels.
This business provides a broad range of accountancy services and supports various clients from individuals to £100m plus turnover corporate group companies.
Due to experiencing ongoing significant growth, this progressive business is now looking to strengthen its growing team of Bookkeepers.
With a reputation for being an employer of choice, this firm is renowned for developing and promoting from within and is a firm that truly values its team members.
The Bookkeeper position within this friendly and inclusive business represents an excellent opportunity for career progression to the highest levels.
- Salary £20,000 to £28,000.
- Flexible working.
- Study support.
- Long-service awards.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and development.
- Qualified by experience or studying towards an accountancy qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an accountancy practice.
- An excellent understanding of bookkeeping duties and requirements and accounting principles.
- Experience in using cloud-based accounting and bookkeeping software systems.
- Good numerical proficiency.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A can-do, proactive attitude.
- Motivated and comfortable working under pressure and to deadlines.
- Able to manage own workload effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A team player.
Not interested in this role? Try searching for other Bookkeeper jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Stoke-on-Trent regularly and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.