Audit Senior Job Vacancy
This leading accountancy firm is looking for an Audit Senior to join their team in Shrewsbury. You will support the delivery of audit and assurance assignments in accordance with International Standards on Auditing (UK and Ireland), budgeted expectations and firms’ procedures.
Our client is offering the successful candidate a full development programme, as well as ample room for progression and learning. They also provide formal coaching and fully funded CPD courses.
What are we looking for? You’ll be ACA/ACCA or CA qualified. You’ll already have experience of working within audit in an accountancy practice, as well as demonstrable people management skills.
- Complete the planning process, liaising with all assigned staff members
- Co-ordinate on-site audit activity, raising more complex issues with the Audit Manager
- Complete audit or assurance procedures outlined in the work programmes, delegating where appropriate
- Document all completed work in line with the International Standards on Auditing (UK and Ireland) and the firms’ procedures
- Execute audit testing in high-risk areas
- Finalise completed audit for review, seeking input for areas of concern or judgment
- Review work undertaken by less experienced staff, annotating queries where appropriate
- Complete amendments to working papers following review
- Oversee the completion of audit control forms, pro-actively reviewing upcoming assignments and deadlines
- Ensure all signed documents are added to the file prior to lockdown
About The Employer
This Audit Senior job within a leading accountancy firm is based in their Shrewsbury office.
Looking to expand by adding to its already talented and diverse team, this well-established accountancy firm has an outstanding reputation. They provide a wide range of services, including accountancy, tax advisory, HR advisory, payroll, cloud accounting, etc to an array of clients across a full spectrum of sectors.
This long-standing accountancy firm has a wide range of expertise and knowledge across the company.
What’s On Offer
- £36,000 to £40,000 per annum
- Flexible working
- Development Programme
- Coaching (via external provider)
- Client referral scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Long service award & sabbaticals
- Buy and sell holiday scheme
- Income protection scheme & death in service
- Birthday day off
- Leading benefits scheme
- Make a difference days
- Employee Healthcare Assisted Scheme
- Company sick pay
- Paid membership fees
- Fully funded CPD courses
The Successful Applicant
- ACA/ACCA or CA qualified
- Demonstrable experience of being involved in audits within a practice environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- Technically able
- A positive attitude to work and the office environment
- Reliable, organised, and able to meet deadlines
Not interested in this role, but want to see what else we’re advertising? Then you can search for plenty of other Audit Senior jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new accountancy jobs across the UK and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.