Audit Manager Job Vacancy
We are delighted to be representing a rising star in contemporary accountancy in their search for an Audit Manager in London to join their modern team and oversee audit and some general accounting matters for a portfolio of exciting start-up and tech-based clients.
This opportunity will suit someone who is ACA, ACCA or CA qualified, with audit experience within an accountancy practice. You will be able to effectively communicate technical matters in an easy-to-understand way for clients and an elevated level of attention to detail will also be essential for this role.
With several roles reporting into the Audit Manager, you’ll be a natural leader that can nurture a positive working environment, whilst ensuring the highest quality service is delivered. This role will also be a position of support to the Audit Partners, so you’ll be able to accept autonomous responsibility to oversee projects to completion.
This award-winning firm is growing at pace so you’ll need to be comfortable offering creative and innovative ideas as to how the practice can keep up with the needs of their clients as they grow into the next big businesses in the UK and beyond.
- Manage audits from planning to completion.
- Prepare and review general accounts.
- A keen interest in high growth and start-up companies. Experience in this field will be a distinct advantage.
- Mentor new trainees and support with their learning and development.
- Monitor client deadlines and ensure these are met.
- Audit risk analysis, automation, and testing.
- Close liaison with other departments (tax, R&D etc.).
- Oversee workflow and improve processes where possible.
- Able to work alongside and part of the senior management team and support with company growth.
- Assist with target setting and department budgeting.
- Ability to identify services that will add value to your portfolio of clients.
- Confident in networking to promote the department.
- Overseeing the audit team and championing the firm’s values within the team.
- Provide professional and personable client-facing communication skills.
- Set an example for the team as a natural leader.
- Not be afraid to add innovative ideas into the mix.
About The Employer
This award-winning London accountancy practice is growing at pace, and they pride themselves on supporting the founders of start-ups and high growth companies with every step of their journey as they scale up. This firm adopts a people-led and supportive working environment where accountants can work in a modern team setting to deliver the highest quality of service. Their staff are offered the ultimate flexibility when it comes to where and when they work.
This firm will suit someone who can step into the role and inspire the people around them, setting an example to junior staff and working closely with clients to deliver the best possible service.
What’s On Offer
- £55,000 to £65,000 per annum
- Company pension
- Full time, permanent role
- Open annual leave system
- Wear what makes you happy policy
- A supportive working environment
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working
- Modern offices available in central London
- The chance to be start of something new and exciting
The Successful Applicant
- ACA, ACCA or CA qualified with audit experience within practice
- Experience working with start-ups and/or high growth businesses will be a distinct advantage.
- Self-motivated and reliable who is eager to progress
- Technically efficient in both audit and accounting
- A drive to deliver technical knowledge as a point of call for the team
- Previous supervisory experience, with a positive attitude
- Confident in reviewing processes and improving systems to boost efficiency
- Strong communication skills are essential, both verbal and written
Not interested in this role, but want to see what else we’re advertising? Then you can search for plenty of other Audit Manager jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in London and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.