Full-time Audit Assistant Manager Job Vacancy
Are you a technically excellent corporate services auditor seeking your next step into a trainee management role?
Are you looking to work for a firm of accountants that will view your technical proficiency as invaluable? If so, this Audit Assistant Manager role within this independent accountancy firm in Cambridgeshire could be for you.
You’ll be ACA or ACCA qualified, have one year of post-qualification experience working in an accountancy practice, and are adept at planning, fieldwork, and completing audits for clients with multimillion-pound turnovers.
You’ll be passionate about using your audit and accounting skills to help clients, and an excellent working knowledge of UK GAAP, FRS102, and FRS 102 1a would be highly desirable.
This role focuses primarily on leading, planning, and completing audits — however, accounts preparation and tax compliance services will also be part of the role. You’ll need excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships quickly, always aiming to deliver customer service excellence.
You’ll need to be technically strong with close attention to detail and have a can-do attitude to problem-solving; you’ll also be a self-starter who is motivated to see projects through to completion promptly.
In support of the wider team, you’ll manage junior team members, motivating and bringing out the best in your colleagues.
You’ll also need to communicate challenges and opportunities to clients and colleagues confidently.
- Lead audits from planning through to completion, liaising with the team and client where necessary.
- Conduct pre and post-audit reviews with clients.
- Accounts preparation and tax compliance advice.
- Supporting a broad client portfolio, including SMEs and corporate groups up to £15 million.
- Manage and mentor a team — reviewing their work and encouraging prompt and high-quality output.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that clients receive the best service and support level.
- Develop and expand the team’s skillset and encourage ideas for improvement and efficiency.
- Provide excellent service to clients by providing sound advice and guidance.
- Contribute to the firm’s growth by retaining existing clients and building relationships with prospective clients.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
This small, independent accountancy firm is currently experiencing significant growth and is looking to strengthen its team.
This accountancy firm truly values its team members and is an exciting and supportive place to work.
- £32,000 to £42,000.
- 25 days holiday — holidays build every two years.
- Health insurance
- Pension scheme (after probation).
- Life insurance & PHI scheme (after probation).
- ACA or ACCA qualified.
- One years’ post qualification experience would be ideal.
- Demonstrable experience in leading and completing audits.
- UK GAAP, FRS 102, and FRS 102 1a highly desirable.
- Technically proficient with close attention to detail.
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving.
- Able to manage own workload effectively.
- Excellent communication and advisory skills.
- Confident working alongside senior management.
- Adept at team management.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs every day and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.