Full-time Audit Senior Job Vacancy
Are you an Audit Semi Senior seeking career progression or an established Audit Senior seeking your next role with a well-established accountancy firm?
Are you looking to work for a firm of accountants that will view your technical proficiency within audit as invaluable and reward your hard work? If so, this Audit Senior role within a supportive and experienced accountancy firm in Blackburn could be for you.
You’ll be ACCA, CA, or ACA qualified with a minimum of two years of accountancy practice experience working in an audit role.
The role will predominantly focus on leading and delivering statutory and specialist audit services to a broad portfolio of clients.
As an Audit Senior, you will have regular contact with clients, often visiting client sites to conduct audit activities. You’ll need excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients quickly, always aiming to deliver customer service excellence.
With complete responsibility for planning and completing audits, you’ll need to be technically strong with close attention to detail and have a can-do attitude to problem-solving; you’ll also be a self-starter who is motivated to see projects through to completion promptly.
As a team player, you’ll bring out the best in others and confidently communicate both challenges and opportunities to clients and colleagues.
- Reporting to the Audit Manager, the role will primarily focus on leading and delivering statutory and specialist audit services.
- Provide accountancy and advisory services to support the wider business.
- Provide audit support and assistance to a portfolio of clients across a variety of sectors.
- Design and lead audits from planning through to completion, liaising with the team and client where necessary.
- Conduct or support pre-audit and post-audit meetings with clients.
- Work with a team of qualified and part-qualified accountants/auditors to ensure audits are conducted to standards and on time.
- Using accounting software, prepare and finalise audit files in readiness for review.
- Monitor and control job budgets ensuring that audits are completed on time and within budget.
- Review junior colleagues’ work and encourage prompt and high-quality delivery and service.
- Contribute to the firm’s growth by retaining existing clients and building relationships with prospective clients.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
This multi-office, multi-partner accountancy practice has a forward-thinking and employee-centric approach.
A full-service accountancy practice and business advisor, this dynamic firm provide all of the services expected of a modern firm of business advisors.
With an impressive and diverse client portfolio, this award-winning firm of chartered accountants has an enviable reputation for excellence and customer service.
This progressive organisation has experienced significant year-on-year growth and is therefore looking to strengthen its team by appointment of this Audit Senior position.
Renowned for developing and promoting from within, this organisation promotes a healthy work/life balance and has several healthcare and well-being schemes in place to support its employees.
The Audit Senior position within this fast-paced and productive firm represents an excellent opportunity for career progression to the highest levels.
- £34,000 to £43,000 pa salary.
- Hybrid working
- Competitive annual leave allowance.
- Contributory pension scheme (8% employer contribution).
- Private health insurance.
- Death in service insurance cover (4 x salary).
- Learning and development programmes for all employees.
- Free employee parking.
- Supportive and inclusive office culture.
- ACA, CA or ACCA qualified.
- A minimum of two years of experience in an accountancy practice(s).
- Demonstrable experience in an audit position within an accountancy practice.
- Technically proficient with experience in leading audits.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving.
- Able to manage own workload effectively.
- Excellent communication and advisory skills.
- A team player.
- Motivated with high standards.
- A commitment to personal development.
Not interested in this role? Try searching for other Senior Audit jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Blackburn and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.