Are you an ambitious ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant with extensive Audit and Assurance experience? Are you seeking a role which will allow you to utilise your leadership skills whilst managing a diverse and exciting client portfolio?
We are working exclusively with one of our clients on an exciting Director level role within a successful and dynamic Staffordshire accountancy firm with a first-rate reputation.
This is unique opportunity to join a cash-rich firm with continued investment in its long-term development. With double digit growth figures last year, and similar predicted for this, there are huge opportunities for an experienced audit candidate such as yourself to carve out a long-term career.
This is a key strategic role within the firm, heading up the compliance offering and working closely with the Partners to shape the future of both the department and the overall firm. I am sure you can already envisage what an exciting prospect this could be for your career development.
You would gain access to an incredibly varied and established client base, and be working with a highly commercial and well-structured Senior Management Team. The role would provide a defined route to Partnership in the future.
The firm delivers a substantial amount of audit work and therefore needs someone with the requisite audit experience to lead the future growth and strategic direction of the Audit & Compliance department. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for running a profitable audit department, including the management of WIP and recoveries.
Due to the nature of the career path within this role we are seeking ambitious individuals with a hunger for success, along with the ability to confidently lead and manage others.The Audit & Compliance Director Job would appeal to an experienced Audit Manager or Audit Partner Designate keen to demonstrate their leadership flair and to assist with shaping the future strategy of an already successful practice.
This role requires individuals with the highest levels of technical ability, as they will not only be acting as the training officer for ACA/ACCA students, but also as the technical lead within the firm on all compliance matters. Suitable candidates will have RI status, or alternatively the necessary experience to work toward it. Additionally, the Audit & Compliance Director will require a practising certificate (PC) or be eligible to apply for one.
We welcome applications from outside of the region where appropriate, as long as the individual is able to relocate (a relocation package may be available if required).
• Involvement in the strategic planning and development of the practice and in particular the audit & compliance offering
• Managing the flow of work within the compliance department and planning the audit team calendar
• Monitoring budget and WIP on all audit assignments
• Leading audit clearance meetings
• Reviewing audit files
• Promoting the full range of services to potential and existing clients
• Overseeing staff recruitment as well as being heavily involved in the training and development plan for the practice
• Managing the workload and delivery output of both qualified and part qualified accountants
• Reporting directly to, and working closely with the Partners to develop and implement the growth strategy for the practice
• Acting as Money Laundering Officer
• Overseeing annual audit compliance reviews and QAD visits
• Undertaking quality control and cold file reviews
You will be comfortable in dealing with clients from a range of sectors, as well as communicating confidently with Business owners and Finance Directors from Corporate entities and SME’s.
This Audit & Compliance Director Job presents a career changing opportunity for the right individual, so for a discussion about the detail of the role please contact us in confidence.
To find out about more Audit Director and Senior Audit jobs across the UK please contact us today. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT & Employment Tax.