Audit and Compliance Director Job working in a dynamic and successful Staffordshire accountancy firm.
Are you an ambitious ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant with extensive Audit and Assurance experience? Are you seeking a role which will allow you to utilise your leadership skills whilst managing a diverse and exciting client portfolio?
This leading Staffordshire accountancy firm delivers a range of advisory and compliance services to a hugely varied portfolio incorporating SME’s, HNWI’s, Partnerships, Sole traders, LLP’s, Charities, Academies and large Corporate entities. They are a high-growth regional accountancy firm with clients across the UK. Despite the fast pace of growth, and the progressive approach within the practice, this established Staffordshire accountancy firm has very much retained its focus on client service and the ethos of ‘quality first’.
The firm delivers a substantial amount of audit work and therefore needs someone with the requisite audit experience to lead the future growth and strategic direction of the Audit and Compliance department. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for running a profitable audit department, including the management of WIP and recoveries.
Due to the nature of the career path within this role we are seeking ambitious individuals with a hunger for success, along with the ability to confidently lead and manage others.
The Audit and Compliance Director Job would appeal to an experienced Audit Manager or Audit Partner Designate keen to demonstrate their leadership flair and to assist with shaping the future strategy of an already successful practice.
This role requires individuals with the highest levels of technical ability, as they will not only be acting as the training officer for ACA/ACCA students, but also as the technical lead within the firm on all compliance matters. Suitable candidates will have RI status, or alternatively the necessary experience to work toward it. Additionally, the Audit and Compliance Director will require a practising certificate (PC) or be eligible to apply for one.
We welcome applications from outside of the region where appropriate, as long as the individual is able to relocate (a relocation package may be available if required).
The main responsibilities for this Audit and Compliance Director Job will include;
- Involvement in the strategic planning and development of the practice and in particular the audit & compliance offering
- Managing the flow of work within the compliance department and planning the audit team calendar
- Monitoring budget and WIP on all audit assignments
- Leading audit clearance meetings
- Reviewing audit files
- Promoting the full range of services to potential and existing clients
- Overseeing staff recruitment as well as being heavily involved in the training and development plan for the practice
- Managing the workload and delivery output of both qualified and part qualified accountants
- Reporting directly to, and working closely with the Partners to develop and implement the growth strategy for the practice
- Acting as Money Laundering Officer
- Overseeing annual audit compliance reviews and QAD visits
- Undertaking quality control and cold file reviews
The perfect Audit and Compliance Director will be ACCA/ACA fully qualified and will have enjoyed a successful career with a minimum of 6 years’ experience of working within the audit department of a busy public practice accountancy firm (at least 3 of which at Audit Manager level). Excellent Client Management skills are imperative.
You will be comfortable in dealing with clients from a range of sectors, as well as communicating confidently with Business owners and Finance Directors from Corporate entities and SME’s.
This Audit & Compliance Director Job presents a career changing opportunity for the right individual, so for a discussion about the detail of the role please contact us in confidence.
To find out about more Accountancy Partner and Senior Accountant jobs in Hertfordshire please contact us today. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT & Employment Tax.