Audit & Accounts Manager Job Vacancy
We are looking for a proactive and skilled Audit and Accounts Manager to lead and manage the audit and accounting functions at an excellent firm of accountants in Reading. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in overseeing the delivery of client services, managing client relationships, and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards. This is an exciting opportunity for a professional who thrives in a dynamic environment and is eager to contribute to the success of this thriving and close-knit team.
Our client is a dynamic and forward-thinking accounting firm based in Reading, they pride themselves on their client-centric approach, fostering long-term relationships built on trust and excellence. If you’re considering applying for this role as an Audit and Accounts Manager in Reading you’ll like be:
- An exceptional communicator.
- ACCA/ACA qualified or QBE.
- Adept at nurturing loyal client relationships.
- Committed to your professional development and supporting the development of others.
- Technically astute and a good problem solver.
- Planning and completion of audits for a diverse portfolio of clients.
- The allocation of audit work in the field and the office.
- Review of statutory accounts.
- Prepare tax computations when relevant to audit assignments.
- Work closely with clients to build trusted relationships, being the go-to for support.
- Deliver a strong commercial awareness, reviewing opportunities for fee development.
- Confidently present work to Partners, completing files to a high standard.
- Underpin audit and accounts matters with current legislation and compliance.
- Delegate work to, and mentor an audit team, supporting with their learning and development.
- Set an example for the team as a natural leader of the team.
- Represent the firm at networking opportunities and support the provision of marketing and sales services.
About The Employer
This firm embraces diversity and believes that a variety of perspectives strengthens their team and enhances their ability to meet the diverse needs of clients. They understand that their employees are their greatest asset, and their wellbeing is paramount. In addition to competitive compensation packages, this employer offers a range of benefits designed to support the health and happiness of the team. These include flexible working arrangements, wellness programs, and opportunities for career advancement.
What’s On Offer
- £50,000 to £70,000 per annum.
- Permanent role, full time role.
- Generous annual leave
- Company pension.
- Continued professional development.
- Defined pathway of progression.
- Flexible and hybrid working policies.
- A supportive and inclusive workplace culture.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA or ACCA qualified with demonstrable accountancy practice experience.
- Strong knowledge of audit and general accounting.
- Experience managing a team of accountants.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Self-motivated and reliable who is eager to progress.
- Strong communication skills are essential, both verbal and written.
- Good awareness of current affairs.
- A can-do attitude and a proactive problem solver.
- Relationship management.
- Commercial awareness and business acumen.
Not interested in this role, but want to see what else we’re advertising? Then you can search for plenty of other Audit & Accounts Manager jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 0333 577 7787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Reading and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 0333 577 7787 or upload your CV here.