Full-time Senior Accountant Job Vacancy
Are you a Semi Senior Accountant seeking career progression or an established Senior Accountant seeking your next role with a forward-thinking accountancy firm?
Are you ambitious and looking to work for a firm of accountants that will view your technical proficiency within accountancy as invaluable? If so, this Senior Accountant role within an established, independent accountancy firm in Leicester could be for you.
You’ll be studying toward your AAT at level three or above with a minimum of three years of accountancy practice experience or qualified by experience (QBE) with a minimum of five years of accountancy practice experience.
The role will focus on supporting and delivering general accountancy services and business advice to a diverse and impressive portfolio of clients.
You’ll need excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients quickly, always aiming to deliver customer service excellence.
You’ll need to be technically strong and have close attention to detail. You’ll also need to be a self starter who can work independently and has the motivation to see jobs and projects through to completion promptly.
You’ll need a can-do attitude, be able to organise priorities and have a sense of urgency when required.
As a team player, you’ll bring out the best in others and confidently communicate both challenges and opportunities to clients and colleagues.
- The role will focus on supporting and delivering general accountancy services and business advice.
- Provide accountancy services and advice to a diverse and impressive portfolio of clients.
- Preparation of statutory annual accounts.
- Preparation of corporate and personal tax computations.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Conduct general bookkeeping duties.
- Act as point of contact for clients, providing advice and support and nurturing trust and long-term relationships.
- Promote and strive for customer service excellence.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as required.
Employee Value Proposition For This Accounting Firm
This well-established and forward-thinking business offers all of the services expected of a modern firm of accountants and business advisors.
An independent, single office business, this organisation specialises in cloud accounting, providing the latest IT cloud accounting solutions to its impressive client portfolio.
This business is recognised as being extremely employee-centric. It boasts a brilliantly supportive team and a reputation as an employer of choice.
As a result of its excellent customer service and success, this organisation has experienced significant growth and is looking to strengthen its team by appointment of this Senior Accountant position.
- Salary £30,000 to £36,000.
- Hybrid/flexible working hours.
- Pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Employee wellbeing schemes.
- Free employee parking.
- Positive and friendly culture.
- MAAT or AAT level three or above with a minimum of three years of accountancy practice experience, OR
- QBE with a minimum of five years of accountancy practice experience.
- Technically proficient in accountancy with excellent attention to detail.
- Adept at using accountancy software, ideally Xero and taxcalc.
- A can-do attitude to problem-solving.
- Self sufficient and able to manage own workload effectively.
- Excellent communication and advisory skills.
Not interested in this role? Try searching for other Senior Accountant jobs here.
About Public Practice Recruitment Ltd
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd recruits high-calibre accounting professionals at all levels for tax, accounts, and auditor jobs on both a permanent and temporary basis for accountancy firms.
Call Public Practice Recruitment Ltd today on 03335 777 787 to discover how we can support you.
Specialising solely in accountancy recruitment, Public Practice Recruitment Ltd regularly has new auditor jobs and accountancy jobs in Leicester and has a superb track record of meeting and exceeding expectations for accountants looking for their next accounting role.
Call us for a confidential chat on 03335 777 787 or upload your CV here.