Looking for an Accountancy Job in Northampton?
We only recruit for Accountants – the Accountancy Recruitment specialists.
Are you looking for an Accountancy Job in Northampton?
Or are you an Accountancy Firm with an Accountancy role to fill?
Each year we match hundreds of accountants with the perfect job in accounts.
We’re expert recruiters in both permanent accounts jobs and interim accounts jobs throughout Northampton.
Looking for your next career move in Accountancy?
Looking to fill an Accountancy role?
Accountancy in Northampton
Northampton makes a great location to begin your Accountancy job search
Northampton is a town located in the East Midlands, and as a place to live it gives its residents the best of both worlds, with both a bustling town centre and idyllic countryside.
Lovers of the arts are well catered for, with a Cultural Quarter, housing museums, theatres, and galleries, alongside bars, restaurants and shops. The Grand Union Canal provides opportunities for scenic walks and bike rides, and rural areas like the Salcay Forest offer a tranquil retreat. Northampton also has excellent nightlife and has held Purple Flag status since 2010, an award given to areas offering an entertaining, diverse, safe and enjoyable night out.
Northampton has a history in the leather industry, particularly shoe making. More recently, Northampton has developed a large private-sector economy with major companies including Barclaycard, Panasonic, Travis Perkins, Coca-Cola, and Carlsberg choosing to set up their head offices in the town. The University of Northampton is also a major employer. In 2014, Northampton was named “the best place in the UK to start and run a business” by Experian. In 2017, the town boasted an annual economic output of £7.31 billion in gross value added.
Northampton has excellent transport links, with a £20 million railway station and an updated large bus station, which provides excellent services throughout the town.
Accountancy candidates will do well to pursue a new job in accountancy in Northampton.
Why choose Public Practice Recruitment Ltd for Accountant Jobs in Northampton?
- We’re specialists recruiters, working exclusively for accountancy firms. We also help hundreds of accountants each year to find new accountancy jobs in Northampton.
- There are thousands of Accountant Practices all over Norfolk who work with Public Practice Recruitment Ltd. These Practices value our extraordinary ability to recruit the very best accountants for Northampton accountancy practices.
- We have both experience and know-how – 15 years of dedication to specialist recruiting for hundreds of Northampton accountants.
- Our enviable track record of achieving successful appointments is a measure of our commitment to providing accountants with the best possible support in attaining their career ambitions.
- The keys to our success are our efficiency and diligence. Our focused approach gives us every chance of matching the right accountancy skills with the right accountancy job at the right accountancy practice.
- Are you an accountant? Then we’ll leave no stone unturned to give you the best chance of achieving your long-term career goals.
- Do you have an Accountancy firm? We work with:
- Almost all of the UK’s top 100 firms of accountants
- the major regional accountancy practices
- the key sole office accountancy firms
- many vibrant start-up accountancy firms across the country
Latest Accountancy Jobs
Medical Partner DesignateMedical Partner Designate job in Bristol working for a progressive firm of accountants who can offer career progression to Equity Partner level. If you are an ACA/CA or ACCA qualified accountant with medical experience this could be the perfect job for you.Bristol
PartnerAccountancy Partner job in Bristol, Avon working for a leading accountancy practice. Our outstanding accountancy firm client is looking to recruit a high calibre Partner into their award-winning practice.Bristol
Partner DesignateAccountancy Partner Designate Job in Bristol, Avon working for a Top 50 firm of accountants. Our ideal Partner Designate should hold ACA or ACCA qualifications and have a high level of technical experience from working with a range of business structures and entities within a high calibre general accountancy practice.Bristol
Client ManagerPublic Practice Recruitment Client Manager job in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire for an ACCA or ACA qualified accountant. This is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious and career orientated Client Manager who is looking to further their career within a progressive firm of accountants who provide opportunities for career progression to the highest levels within the practice.Stoke on Trent
Cloud Semi SeniorPublic Practice Recruitment Cloud Semi Senior job in Blackburn, Lancashire. The ideal Cloud Semi Senior should be AAT qualified, have Cloud experience and significant accountancy practice expe-rience.Blackburn
Senior AccountantPublic Practice Recruitment Senior Accountant job in Bury, Greater Manchester working for a leading firm of accountants. The ideal Senior Accountant should be ACA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience and have significant experience of working within a general accountancy practice.Bury
Audit & Accounts Semi SeniorPublic Practice Recruitment Audit & Accounts Semi Senior job in Leeds, West Yorkshire working for a multi-faceted accountancy firm who has a superb track record in the delivery of excellence for both their staff and clients alike. As a leading accountancy firm based in Leeds this a brilliant opportunity to join one of the best accountancy firms in the City.Leeds
PartnerPublic Practice Recruitment Salaried Partner level job in Leeds for an ambitious and career orientated ACA or ACCA qualified accountant who is keen to work at the highest level within an award-winning accountancy firm.Leeds
PartnerPublic Practice Recruitment Salaried Partner level job in Taunton, Somerset for an ambitious and career orientated ACA or ACCA qualified accountant. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are working with an established Taunton based accountancy firm to recruit a Partner into their progressive practice.Taunton
Senior AccountantSenior Accountant job in Carlisle, Cumbria for an ACCA or ACA qualified Senior Accountant or Qualified by Experience Accountant who is looking to join an outstanding firm of accountants who are offering exceptional opportunities for career progression. With an employee-focused culture and real opportunities for career progression combined with an impressive client portfolio, this is a great opportCarlisle
Candidates - a career in Accounts
To succeed in Accounts, you need a healthy mix of interpersonal skills and an acute eye for detail. You also need to be reasonably computer literate.
As an Accounts Assistant
You’ll be providing admin support to accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as
- making phone calls
- handling mail
- basic bookkeeping
- helping to keep the office running smoothly
- dealing with customers and external agencies
Accounts assistants are usually expected to be in work during typical daytime office hours.
Working as part of a team within a business environment, you’ll be full or part-time and your contract could be permanent or temporary, depending on the specific vacancy you go for. You may have to travel too.
Take advantage of offers of training and you may find promotion opportunities come your way. The next step on the career ladder would be as …
The typical qualities of a successful Assistant Accountant include
- part-qualified AAT –
- excellent Excel skills
- the ability to be diplomatic and discrete
- a pro-active approach and the ability to focus on system and reporting improvements
- payroll experience
- experience in preparation of statutory and balance sheet accounts
Your duties might include
- monthly management account preparation
- production of profit and loss statements
- to complete and maintain sales invoices and reports
- accruals & prepayments
- assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts for review
- bank reconciliation, posting and balancing
- weekly wages, petty cash and other journal posting
- quarterly VAT return preparation
Accountants go through a rigorous qualification and recruitment process. Employers generally look for graduates and school leavers who are
- able to reflect on their own work, as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions
- genuinely interested in business and possess a degree of business acumen
- organised and can manage deadlines
- good in a team
- skilled communicators and have good interpersonal skills
- proficient in IT
- able to be analytical
- methodical in their approach and have proven problem-solving skills
- highly numerate
What exactly does an Accountant do?
An Accountant provides financial advice to clients. These clients could range from solo professionals to multinational organisations or any scale of business in between.
Accountants frequently specialise in specific areas of practice
- management consultancy
- forensic accountancy
- corporate finance
A general overview of the role of an Accountant
- preparing accounts and tax returns
- administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- auditing financial information
- compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements
- analysing accounts and business plans
- providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- financial forecasting and risk analysis
- dealing with insolvency cases
- negotiating the terms of business deals and moves with clients and associated organisations
- meeting and interviewing clients
- managing colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
“Garry was really helpful from the very start. He was able to organise numerous interviews in quick succession, his communication was faultless, and he managed to sort all the queries I had, no matter how minor. He managed to arrange for my study debt to be paid off and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. I would recommend Public Practice Recruitment Ltd!”
“I have worked with Garry over the last 9 years during which he has helped me with strategic job moves which have seen my career progress from Tax Advisor to Tax Director. I have always found Garry’s market knowledge and career advice to be exceptional. I cannot recommend Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd highly enough as they really are experts in their field.”
“Garry and Public Practice Recruitment Ltd have great connections and contacts throughout accountancy firms across the UK. This means that they can match the needs of both the firms and candidates rather than just dealing with volumes. Garry is great to discuss matters with and is honest and open with his knowledge and opinions and keeps up to date with developments across the profession. I would highly recommend him and his business to both candidates and firms.”
Accountant Jobs and Careers in Northampton
With our proven track record, we’ll find the right Accountancy Job in Northampton to match your career aspirations.
We have thousands of accountancy candidates on our database throughout Northampton. In the unlikely event that an ideal candidate isn’t amongst them, we’ll go out and recruit – fully confident that we’ll quickly fill your Accountancy vacancy with a great candidate.
We’ve helped dozens of Northampton accountancy firms to source the very best accountancy candidates. Where firms have traditionally struggled to recruit accountants, we’ve soon helped them to become the accountancy firm of choice in their area.
Challenge us to find the perfect Accountancy Job in the Northampton for you.
See how we can find the perfect Accountancy candidate for your firm.